Multi License Issue with new DUAL dongles

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Multi License Issue with new DUAL dongles

Postby portal14 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:07 am

We currently have just updated 6 of our Player Pro Dongles all to dual output dongles. We are trying to use them all in multi license mode. When I plug them in separately I can see Player Pro and and multi license 2x. I get two cameras and all if fine. When I try to plug other dongles in to get more cameras and get the "multi license mode" it still shows up at multi license 2x when I launch client and inside manager there are still only 2 cameras. So I should be seeing more cameras and more licenses when I plug more dongles in and I am not. Is there a bug? Or for some reason I am doing something wrong? I have tried plugging them all into a USB hub and also directly into the back of machine. Tried on PB 14570 and PB 13378. Both get same results.
portal14

Re: Multi License Issue with new DUAL dongles

Postby Yvonne Groetzschel » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:26 pm

Hello,

Please note:
Single license Player dongles (one output per dongle) can be used in Mutilicence-Mode.
Multi license Player dongles (multiple outputs per dongle) cannot be used in Mutilicence-Mode.

Best regards,
Yvonne
Yvonne Groetzschel

Re: Multi License Issue with new DUAL dongles

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:00 pm

Hi Portal14,

you are trying to use Multi-Licenses in Version 5 which is simply not supported and has never worked before.
Beginning with V6 we support multiple Multi-Licenses to be combined to the total amount of licenses from all dongles.

Cheers
Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Return to Pandoras Box V5