PB with GMA2

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

PB with GMA2

Postby lashaesartia » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:15 pm

Hello, We are trying to connect and control PB with GMA over artnet, but we can't make it work. I hooked up both devices to the same network, set up PB, enabled artnet input/output. but on granmda I can't seem to be seeing anything... how do i add cues, or control layers, or anything that can be controlled with grandma over artnet.As far as I went i just made CITP work, everything else failed... (have read manual couple of times but nothing that informative). Any tutorials or tips would be appriciated :)
lashaesartia

Re: PB with GMA2

Postby justyn roy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:28 am

Hello,

You won't necessarily 'see' anything on the GrandMA - you program a media server the same way you would program a light.

You navigate through the Fixture Library and find "Coolux" and then select the device type you're using (Player/Server etc) and allow the console to auto patch.

Now go to Pandoras Box into the Patch tab.
This is detailed here:
http://www.coolux.de/root/downloads/support/Documentation/Helpfile/#site_patch.htm

To create "cues", you program them through the GrandMA as if it were a moving light.
Justyn Roy

Online Manual
justyn roy

Re: PB with GMA2

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:41 pm

Hello,

in the past the fixture types you find on our homepage were more user friendly than the ones shipped with GMA2. I don't know if this is still the case, but I recommend you to download "our" fixtures and use those.

Regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Return to Pandoras Box V5