Running Server on Laptop

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Running Server on Laptop

Postby kris_goubert » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:01 am

Hi,

I want to use a server usb dongle and put it on a laptop for a production who has to be as compact as possible. Do you have any recommandations wich specs are important to choose the laptop ? I would need 3 to 4 HD layers of 6 SD layers.

Thx

Kris Goubert
fisheye.be
kris_goubert

Re: Running Server on Laptop

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:33 pm

Do I understand you correctly that you want to run 4 HD Videos and 6 SD Videos from a Laptop?
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Postby kris_goubert » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:45 pm

I'm looking for laptop/graf card hardware who is powerfull enough to run 4 hd OR 6 SD layers.
It was a typo : OR not OF

Thx

Kris
kris_goubert

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:26 am

Hi Kris,

first of all running the Server Software on Laptops is in no way recomanded, tested or supported by coolux.
I am also not sure if there is Laptop that can handle multiple HD files. For multibe SD Files a High End Gaming or Workstation Laptop is what you are looking for.
You might want to take a look at Dells Precision, Dell XPS or Alienware Laptops. Look for Laptops with Quadcore Processors, a RAID 0 Harddrive configuration and Windows XP. SLI Graphics Card Configuration is not really important, more important is that you can get all the drivers for Windows XP, which can be a problem for newer Laptops.
You would have to do you own testing to find out what the hardware can really do.

You also might want to send us a email at support@coolux.de with more details about the production and what you want to do and maybe we can find a solution that works.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Return to Pandoras Box V5