Hauppauge TV Card used for live Input

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Hauppauge TV Card used for live Input

Postby 7pc » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:17 am

Dear all!
I'm struggling with some input problem regarding a very cheep tv card (hauppauge winTV-Go) in a Player PRO setup. As soon as I place that live input in the timeline and turn up the opacity it shows up (at the moment with some bad TV signal, until I turn on WinTV2000 to set it to the composite input). Then - if I scroll or jump to some earlier point in the timeline, the signal doesn't show any more. Just a black screen. It locks like the driver crashes in the attempt of getting the signal a second time. I can only see the video signal again if I shut down PB and restart it.
Has anyone had the same problem? Budget does not seem to allow any better input hardware (If it would... any suggestions?)

Thanks
p
7pc

Re: Hauppauge TV Card used for live Input

Postby Patrick Verhey » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:18 am

Hi,

from a coolux point of view its hard to tell what happens there as this is input card we do not know. It can happen that Pandoras Box makes the driver crash, as most of these input card drivers are not made to be switched on and off as we do it by jumoing on and off the pictures.
Everytime you load the live input on a layer Pandoras Box will acess the driver, and this might be to much for it.
Unfortunately we cannot support every driver for input cards as we cannot test all of them. Did you take a look on our composite in card we offer from coolux? Is this already to expensive for your budget?

I actually not sure how to help you as I never hearded about that kind of input card. Did you try to get some information from the card manufacture? Maybe this can help us to solve the problem.

Sorry for that. Best regards

Patrick

Postby Patrick Verhey » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:32 am

Hi,

I just learned something new. The Haupage Card is actually a TV tuner card and this causes Problems within the Pandoras Box System. A very good and cheap solution could be tu use a USB input device. The Imaging Source USB Card might work better, but we cannot guarantie that this will work better.
As the are pretty cheap its worth a try.

best regards

Patrick

Postby 7pc » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:17 pm

Dear Patrick,

thank's a lot. The Budget just allowed an input card that does not have a TV tuner built in. So we are trying out this solution during this weekend. I'll be telling you more next week. Thank you very much for the help. I'm pretty sure that these TV cards are having trouble because of their dedication to TV. So ut seems to be only accessible through WINtv 2000 and other software. The driver doesn't seem to work as a stand alone input.

All the best
p
7pc

Return to Pandoras Box V5