Barco ENCORE

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Barco ENCORE

Postby waynza » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:19 am

HI all, I am extremely new with the pandoras box.
we are trying to figure out the best way to integrate barco encore and pandoras box.
Is it better to go out out the encore dvi into the pandoras box, or vise versa.
the pandoras box has a lot of features that we want to use with the encore...

Regards
Wayne
waynza

Re: Barco ENCORE

Postby Patrick Verhey » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:01 pm

Hi Wayne,

welcome to the coolux world.

Actually it is not so easy to answer your question since it is case sensitive. If you want to use the encore as a vision mixer and the Pandoras Box should only to the warping, keystone and softedge you can go with the encore into the Pandoras Box.
Same if you want to have premixed pictures to run in a picture in picture on the Pandoras Box. But usually you would use a cheaper system like a screen pro for that.
If you use the encore as a harddisk playback system and the Pandoras Box is only running real time animations as a playback system , the it would be the other way around. In this case Pandoras Box would be more like a Playback source to the encore.

I think that the most common way would be to use the encore as input to Pandoras Box. The other way around you are not using many of the capabilities of Pandoras Box.

Have fun with Pandoras Box. Greetings

Patrick

Postby Jan Huewel » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:24 am

Dear Wayne

you might also consider to use the timeline features to send tcp ip commands to the encore with the serial link device, or in combination with Widget Designer STD/PRO.

Then you can create custom userinterfaces to let anyone remote control your encore settings.

Best regards

Jan Huewel
Jan Huewel

Postby juay0004 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:26 am

Jan Huewel wrote:Dear Wayne

you might also consider to use the timeline features to send tcp ip commands to the encore with the serial link device, or in combination with Widget Designer STD/PRO.

Then you can create custom userinterfaces to let anyone remote control your encore settings.

Best regards

Jan Huewel

does the serial link device have to be present? Or can I use the encore on the same network as the Pandora Box? I keep having the red exclamation over my icon in the medai manager.
juay0004

Postby Jan Huewel » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:06 pm

Hi

you do not need the serial link hardware, the serial link device in the software allows to send hex data or ascii.

The serial link device in Pandoras Box is in fact a TCP client that can connect to a TCP server.

So if you want to send custom hex or ascii messages then all you need to do is drag a serial device in the device tree of PB and make sure that in the properties inspector of the device serial link header is turned off (this is for the serial link hardware device only)

Best regards

Jan Huewel
Jan Huewel

Postby juay0004 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:53 pm

Jan Huewel wrote:Hi

you do not need the serial link hardware, the serial link device in the software allows to send hex data or ascii.

The serial link device in Pandoras Box is in fact a TCP client that can connect to a TCP server.

So if you want to send custom hex or ascii messages then all you need to do is drag a serial device in the device tree of PB and make sure that in the properties inspector of the device serial link header is turned off (this is for the serial link hardware device only)

Best regards

Jan Huewel

Do you mean ascii text or numbers?
juay0004

Postby Jan Huewel » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:20 am

Hi

The Default would be to enter ASCII text.

There is a check box per key that you can change the data of a key to hex number.

Best regards

Jan Huewel
Jan Huewel

Postby atmosphere » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:12 am

You should also think about the frame delay you will create if your way is Encore > Pandoras Box > Device...

If I have some camera feeds (I think you will have too, otherwise the Encore is a bit oversized in my eyes) I prefer to use the Pandoras Box only attached to the Background Layer's of Encore. (As long as you don't need it as PIP) Then you only have the 2 frames delay that the Encore creates itself and not the addition of Pandoras Box frame delay on Input Cards...

Cheers

Stefan
atmosphere

Postby dolcebrown » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:00 am

Jan Huewel wrote:Hi

The Default would be to enter ASCII text.

There is a check box per key that you can change the data of a key to hex number.

Best regards

Jan Huewel

Hi Jan,
We are facing a problem with the serial link connection to encore barco.
If the serial link id is set at 5.
When we program it on the inspector data tab, the device id is the id the serial link set in eg 5? Or the subset of the serial link?
or should we change to 5.1 ?

for eg. TCPSend,5.1,PRESET R 1 [LF CR]
dolcebrown

Postby Jan Huewel » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:09 am

Hi There

the serial link device in Pandoras Box is a legacy item that was built in to support the serial Link hardware comport and gpi devices
however it can be used for client server tcp communication with arbitrary devices.

The syntax you are referrring to is the script language of Widget Designer, here the ID refers to the connection ID which identifies the TCP connection in the Widget Designers Connection Manager.

To control this via a timeline you can do two things:
A) use the serial lionk device in PB and type in your command in hex code in order to send the CR LF values
http://www.coolux.de/root/downloads/sup ... output.htm

B) use a Widget Designer Device and send WD script commands to a widget instance
http://www.coolux.de/root/downloads/sup ... device.htm

I hope this helps

Kind regards

Jan Huewel
Jan Huewel

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:32 pm

Hi,

For convenience I have created a little Windows based tool (see attachment). I also added a readme that explains the usage of the TCP Serial Link Device.

EDIT: I moved the tool to its own post: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=3463

Best regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Postby juay0004 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:36 am

We eventually got the Media Manager calling the Folsom Encore without doing through the widget designer.
2 keys are used for each operation.

eg: to recall preset
Key 1 (as hex is unchecked): PRESET R 3
Key 2 (as hex is checked): 0D OA----------- this is the hex format for CR and LF.

It leads me to the conclusion that the media manager has problem sending out the CR/LF combo when it is not hex format.
juay0004

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:00 am

Hey,

Thats why i wrote up the small text converter attached to my previous post. You can enter your "PRESET R 3" and check the "Add 'ENTER'-Keypress at the end" which will give you
Code: Select all
50 52 45 53 45 54 20 52 20 33 0D 0A

Regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:57 pm

juay0004 wrote:Key 1 (as hex is unchecked): PRESET R 3
Key 2 (as hex is checked): 0D OA----------- this is the hex format for CR and LF.

I just reread your post. The 0A is actually using an capital letter "o" instead of the digit "0". Also you might want to send both in the same key. Maybe the product you are talking to parses the contents of the first message and then decides (since no CR LF has been sent) to drop the message.

Regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Return to Pandoras Box V5