upgrade hardware

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

upgrade hardware

Postby vjalguem » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:09 pm

hello pandora team, I want to upgrade the machines that I own and would like to know what is more important for the Pandora system, if the processor, ram or video card.
I know that the whole is what makes the difference
but would like to know which of these is the most important
and if you have any recommendations on what hardware should I buy
Thank you for attention
and apologizing for my poor English
rafael botter
vjalguem

Re: upgrade hardware

Postby Patrick Verhey » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:24 pm

Hi Rafael,

what hardware do you own? Do you have Pandoras Box Servers Hardware Version 3? Or do you use Media Players?

If you are using V3 Servers we do offer a trade in to V4 Hardware. This means that you buy the latest state of the art Hardware custom made for Pandoras Box for a special price if you turn back the old hardware to coolux. This will give you the best performance and the full support from us. And you will get a 2 year warranty on the new hardware. If you like to do this please send an mail to Oliver from our sales team: kilian@coolux.de
Beside that the V4 Hardware gives you some more advantages as the front LCD display which allows you to do all the important settings right away without any mouse or keyboard.

If you want to "pimp" your old hardware you can do this as well, even if we hardly recommend to trade you systems to our new Hardware. Actually all of the mentioned things are important. Maybe the most important one is the grafic card. There more RAM you grafic card has, the better it is. But driver wise we cannot support all grafic cards in the world. The best choice at the moment is the nvidia gforce. The Problem is that this will not fit into the 3 unit hardware housings of V3. The Ram and Processor is important as well. The new V4 Hardware is running two quad core Processors. If you upgrade the old hardware you need to be carefull if different prozessors can run on your mainboard. And you also need to take care of cooling issues.
To give you a real good advice in hardware components we need to know what type of hardware you are using right know. There have been different mainboards during the last years. But you can send us your serial numbers and we can check it for you.

I hope that helps you.

best regards

Patrick

Return to Pandoras Box V5