4.6 Device Viewer Question

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

4.6 Device Viewer Question

Postby djrappa » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:27 am

Just reading through the notes before I install the software... It sounds like in your device viewer you only see layers that are visible in the timeline tree now... Is this correct?

I only use 4 layers on the timeline and the rest on DMX. It's nice to be able to see all my DMX layers in the Device View without having to have them on the timeline. Is that no longer possible?

On that, is it possible to see more than 1 device at a time in device view?
Cheers
Clint Dulieu
Dulio Design
djrappa

Re: 4.6 Device Viewer Question

Postby Julia Foest » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:14 pm

Hi djrappa,

you´re right. Just now you are only able to see all devices visible in the device tree, and also only one site at the same time.
Maybe we could implement the option to see all devices or just the shown devices in the device viewer. We will discuss this.

Best regards,
Julia
Julia Foest

Postby Patrick Verhey » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:20 pm

Hi,

actually the selection of the layers in the Device Viewer is not made by timeline use. If you hide or unhide layers they will be also hide or unhide in the Device Viewer. So if you want to see the layers controlled by DMX you need to unhide them in the device tree and they will appear in the device viewer.

I will ad "toggle device to device viewer" into the feature wishlist for the next version.
The only way to see more than one device at the moment is to create a virtual site.

Best regards

Patrick

Postby djrappa » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:12 am

An option would be good.
My problem is that when you unhide them in the tree then those lines become visible on the timeline which clutters and fills up my view. I don't want to see those lines on the timeline but want to be able to see what those layers are doing at a glance...

Creating a virtual site is not an option for me as my entire show is already programmed unfortunately.
Cheers
Clint Dulieu
Dulio Design
djrappa

Postby Patrick Verhey » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:17 am

You are totally right, it is a good idea to have that option. It is on the List and hopefully it will make it into the next update.

best wishes

Patrick

Postby djrappa » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:12 am

Howdy
Just thought I'd bump this thread to see if there's been any progress with this as an option?

I really want to upgrade to the latest release but I really need to be able to see my layers that aren't in the timeline...
Cheers
Clint Dulieu
Dulio Design
djrappa

Return to Pandoras Box V5