Some Issues

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Some Issues

Postby Linton9 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:14 pm

Gday support crew...

Some points I discovered last week that I feel might be worth looking over...
(In order of importance)

• If the master machine has another computer, say a laptop connected (not running VNC or and PB software), in the 2.x.x.x range it seems to use that IP range to find the clients, even if the clients are in the 192 range (and possibly vice versa although untested). This prevents the system from talking.
  • Automatically change the camera when clicking fullscreen in a master/slave environment on the master machine to avoid wrong output scale and possible wireframe over output.
  • Have to turn off preview for local and clients before local will display fullscreen. would be better to have this occur automatically when I click on fullscreen. One would assume that the fullscreen button will do whatever it needs to to generate an output.
  • (Running as a Master) Main output resolution is the same as control- ALWAYS. Would be nice to have a large 1080x1024 control window for example and a 1024x768 output.
  • As we use Pandora's Box in a television environment it would be awesome to see a 'Colour Temperature' ColourFX setting, where 128 (home) is unchanged and 0-255 ranges from CTO thru the natural colour to CTB.
  • Unable to Select multiple files and set frame blend, mpeg colourspace etc in inspector
  • When you trim a clip in the timeline from the left you lose the clip filename and thumbnail
  • Option to have Cue IDs renumber automatically in the timeline, eg if you add a cue before another cue the later cues should automatically renumber

I realise that there are workarounds for most of these and none of these points are showstoppers, but are they able to be implemented?

Cheers
Lynden
Lynden Gare
GTV Channel 9
Melbourne, Australia
Linton9

Re: Some Issues

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:59 pm

Hello Lynden,

Thanks for your input. Answers see below:

* If the master machine has another computer, say a laptop connected (not running VNC or and PB software), in the 2.x.x.x range it seems to use that IP range to find the clients, even if the clients are in the 192 range (and possibly vice versa although untested). This prevents the system from talking.

Hmm, I understand. I will have to do a few tests.

* Automatically change the camera when clicking fullscreen in a master/slave environment on the master machine to avoid wrong output scale and possible wireframe over output.

I do not understand what you mean, can you explain that a bit more.

* Have to turn off preview for local and clients before local will display fullscreen. would be better to have this occur automatically when I click on fullscreen. One would assume that the fullscreen button will do whatever it needs to to generate an output.

I agree, we will add that to the list and discuss it.

* (Running as a Master) Main output resolution is the same as control- ALWAYS. Would be nice to have a large 1080x1024 control window for example and a 1024x768 output.

I am pretty sure that this is possible, but not recomanded. The limitation is that your primary monitor must be your Output and your Userinterface on the secoundary screen.

* As we use Pandora's Box in a television environment it would be awesome to see a 'Colour Temperature' ColourFX setting, where 128 (home) is unchanged and 0-255 ranges from CTO thru the natural colour to CTB.

Good Idea, I think it is on the list and I am sure it will find its way into the next big release.

* Unable to Select multiple files and set frame blend, mpeg colourspace etc in inspector

Is on the list.

* When you trim a clip in the timeline from the left you lose the clip filename and thumbnail

Is on the list.

* Option to have Cue IDs renumber automatically in the timeline, eg if you add a cue before another cue the later cues should automatically renumber

I think this one is also on the list.

I can not tell you when or iff all of those feature wishes will be implemented, but we will discuss them all.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Postby Linton9 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:35 am

• Automatically change the camera when clicking fullscreen in a master/slave environment on the master machine to avoid wrong output scale and possible wireframe over output.

I do not understand what you mean, can you explain that a bit more.

If a Master machine is previewing itself and another client machine (global camera), the preview must be changed to the local camera only before clicking full screen, otherwise the output displays a preview render of the local master machine's content.

Speak to Mike Steinbrecher about this one. He helped me through it over the phone last week.
Lynden Gare
GTV Channel 9
Melbourne, Australia
Linton9

Postby Patrick Verhey » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:21 am

Hi there,

I need to add a few things to this conversation....

1. - regarding primary and scondary output on the player:

with the latest version it is possible to choose if the full screen is primary or secondary. There is a checkbox in the configuration Tab. But this is only set for the master maschine.
We still do recommend that you run both outputs on the same resolution as some grafic cards may have problems with a render output set to a different resolution than the ui.

2. - Colour FX

the whole FX section will be rebuild soon. Daniel does not know that yet as he is not within our "future vision" meetings....
We will also add a Color correction tool to each camera. That will help a lot in TV situations. The Problem is that I cannot tell you when this will be done.

3. - Multiple File Select / Trim Clip / Cue IDs renumber

As I´m the keeper of the big feature list, I can tell you that this is all on there.... But give us some time to implement it. We do our best, I promise :-)

Best wishes

Patrick

Postby Linton9 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:03 pm

Thanks Patrick, thats excellent news.

1. - regarding primary and scondary output on the player:

with the latest version it is possible to choose if the full screen is primary or secondary. There is a checkbox in the configuration Tab. But this is only set for the master maschine.
We still do recommend that you run both outputs on the same resolution as some grafic cards may have problems with a render output set to a different resolution than the ui.

I am already aware of the 'fullscreen output on secondary display' setting, and have been using that in most situations.
The request was for the ability to have a different resolution on the primary and secondary displays while outputting fullscreen on the secondary display.
If this is not possible, it would be nice to have a popup dialog box or similar, notify the user of the resolution change when clicking fullscreen. It took me 45min to work out what was happening when I thought I had the secondary display set to 1024x768, only to find it was changing to 1280x1024 when I clicked fullscreen.

On the other points, its great to know they're on the list... We'll just hope to see these changes come about soon!
Lynden Gare
GTV Channel 9
Melbourne, Australia
Linton9

Postby JustynR » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:45 pm

Keep in mind too that what ever your resolution is when you start PB client or master, that is what it will stay until you restart PB.

If you have your resolution set to 1024 x 768 when you open PB... then you change the resolution to something like 1920 x 1080... that's all fine, your output will be that resolution. BUT when you go to full screen, it will go back to 1024 x 768 if you don't restart PB.

Not sure if that helps, but it has confused me in the past - and knowing that it happens like that now really helps.

Justyn
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Return to Pandoras Box V5