quad head card

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

quad head card

Postby rik scholten » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:37 pm

Hello everybody,

I'm delighted to hear from Patrick that the layer priority will be dealed with soon.

Great.

Question;
Will pandora be able to work with a quadhead grafic card ?

greetings

Rik
rik scholten

Re: quad head card

Postby Patrick Verhey » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:04 am

Hi Rik,

we did some testings with the Triple Head to go cards. But they did not end very satisfying. The main Problem is the hardware performance. Actually you can use them already, but you need to be carefull if your hardware will support resolutions you want to have.
And since we do not know the hardware of all our Player clients, we cannot 100% support these things.

best wishes

Patrick

Postby rik scholten » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:36 am

Patrick Verhey wrote:Hi Rik,

we did some testings with the Triple Head to go cards. But they did not end very satisfying. The main Problem is the hardware performance. Actually you can use them already, but you need to be carefull if your hardware will support resolutions you want to have.
And since we do not know the hardware of all our Player clients, we cannot 100% support these things.

best wishes

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

I tried the triple head to go (Matrox). In windows I can choose 3840 x 1024 for secondary monitor, windows desktop is extended.
But I cannot choose same res. on primary monitor. As soon as I give fullscreen in Pandora, windows res on secondary is made the same as primary. When I close fullscreen, 3840 x 1024 comes back on sedondary. How do I get around this ?
I suppose this will never work on secondary monitor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rik scholten

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:05 pm

Hi Rik,
Pandoras Box requires both outputs to be the same resolution, and it will force the secound output into the resolution of the first the moment zou go into Fullscreen.
What you can try is making your Matrox Output the first Output. But that will mean that you will not have a preview in your GUI anymore, since the preview only works on Output 1.
The other thing you can do is attaching another Matrox Box to the first Output.

Please do approprate testing before using it at a show. As Patrick said there might be performance issus depending on the resolution and hardware.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Postby JustynR » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:23 pm

I would also just try using the Media Manager, this way you can still have the GUI and you don't have to worry about resolutions on your player machine.
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Postby rik scholten » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:26 pm

Hi Daniel,
even on sunday immediate response, great. thanks for advice.

I have to let go of laptop use. I put the matrox on primary of desktop and it works fine.

Pandora rules . .
rik scholten

Return to Pandoras Box V5