2 Layers do not display the same

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

2 Layers do not display the same

Postby djrappa » Tue May 25, 2010 9:27 am

I have a problem I cannot explain.

On a player pro Layers 2 and 3 do not display the same output with the same file and settings. Layer 2 has the clip raised higher (as in the Y position) than layer 3 does even with all the parameters displaying the same (Y position is 32768). This happens regardless of the clip. This is when being controlled by DMX. Now if I turn off Artnet and then adjust it manually in the manager (just type the same number as before into the box for Y Pos) it goes to being correct. And then when I connect it back to DMX suddenly it is correct again.

The entire problem doesn't make sense, but it's not the first time I've 'caught' it doing this.
Cheers
Clint Dulieu
Dulio Design
djrappa

Re: 2 Layers do not display the same

Postby Linton9 » Tue May 25, 2010 11:35 am

Clint,

In what way is it different? Shading?

Lynden
Lynden Gare
GTV Channel 9
Melbourne, Australia
Linton9

Re: 2 Layers do not display the same

Postby Patrick Verhey » Wed May 26, 2010 8:28 am

Hi,

can you check if the DMX values are for sure the same on both layers please. Maybe there is set any offset or limit on on of the channels.

You can also patch layer 3 on the same DMX adress as Layer 2 in Pandoras Box. If they then show the same there is for sure some differences in the DMX values of your lighting control. You could also run our Arnet Monitor to check it hey output the same.

If you compare the values of both layer as the show the wrong picture, are these numbers the same? Or do the layer display a different value on position or scale?

best regards

Patrick

Return to Pandoras Box V5