PB in lighting system

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

PB in lighting system

Postby hammersorcer » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:45 am

Hi
For example we want to add PB sytem (one manager, two players and projectors) into MA console sytem (grandMA2). Can we connect these two systems with Airnet and switcher ? If not, please tell me how to integrate the whole system. What functionality of PB is in the system, being controlled by console ( what can be controlled?), or just a channel to playback the program which we make before the show ? or may be we can adjust values and programs on both of them ? Can both share files ? Please show me some applications
Thanks

Best regrards

Sorcer
hammersorcer

Re: PB in lighting system

Postby JustynR » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:55 am

I am currently running a show (actually I'm in the middle of the show right now)... where my console, in this case a Grand MA, is controling all of my lighting AND two Coolux Player PROs via the Media Manager.

With this software, you can assign each layer an address which corrasponds with the lighting console. Then in the lighting console can access each and every perameter of every layer patched.
Content, Opacity, Colour, Size, Position, and FX.

In this show that I'm on right now, I have some video cues I have programed to the timeline in the Manager so I can feed timecode to Protools so the band can play exactly with the video that's playing.
To do this you have to NOT patch what ever layer you want to control with the timeline into the lighting board, because as soon as you patch it, what ever is programed on the timeline will be overwritten by the console.
In the same way, if you wanted to link an Airscan up to your system, I would imagine that this would be the easiest way. Patch all layers but 1 for example lighting system so you can control each perameter, and then give control of layer 1 to the Widget Designer with the programming for the Airscan.

As far as the switcher goes, so long as it will support the signal that you are outputing (usually DVI) then yes.
I have a very large show starting next week with 10 PB Player Pros and a Media Manager I am programming through the Grand MA. 3 of these Players are going through a switcher so we can switch to live cameras, DVD rolls and Live TV.
I am doing this by putting the outputs of the servers through an ImagePRO HD and converting the signal to a format the switcher can handle.

Justyn
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Postby hammersorcer » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:02 am

Dear justyn

I a little bit understand. There is a grandMA 1 onPC on my laptop but I opened the library of grandMA I just saw a PB MP PRO VIDEO or GRAFICA and then patched them with DMX. When I open DMX list on grandMA I only saw X pos y pos z rot... ect which have been patched with DMX in one PB MP PRO VIDEO but on PB I can only assign each layer an address. they are not matched to each other, I mean address.
For example I assign ch 1-22 to layer 1 of Media player(device 1) on PB and then I pick up a PB MP PRO VIDEO from the library of grandMA assign it 1-22. it means you can control all functionalites of that device on MA console right ? and because on MA console it does have layers, this concept so I guess one line (PB MP PRO VIDEO) on MA console means one layer on PB. If I want to control all 12 layers of PB, I need to assign 12 lines (PB MP PRO VIDEO) on MA console right ?
If it's possible, Could I have you email address ? I want to discuss with you further it will be great.

Best regards

Sorcer
Last edited by hammersorcer on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hammersorcer

Postby Julia Foest » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:05 am

Hi Sorcer,

for each layer you want to control in PB you need a fixture in your MA Console, depending on which version of PB Players or Servers you have. In PB you only patch the first channel of this fixture, all following channels will automatically be assigned to this fixture.

PB MP Pro Video --> Video Layer in PB Player Pro, has 22 channels
PB MP Pro Graphic --> Graphic Layer in PB Player Pro, has 21 channels

PB MS Video --> Video Layer in PB Server, has 37 channels
PB MS Graphic--> Graphic Layer in PB Server, has 34 channels

There should also be fixtures to control the camera of PB Player or Server (for Keystone, Softedge etc), and also if you want to control a programmed timeline in PB.

Best regards,
Julia
Julia Foest

Return to Pandoras Box V5