Projector Blend basics

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Projector Blend basics

Postby azman » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:03 am

Hello,

I'm currently working on 2 projects coming up involving projector blends,

the 1st project is a 2x projector blend with 2x media player pros, the other will be a 4 x projector blend again with 2 media player pro & a sub-hired playback ( TBC - 2 x player pro or 1 x server).

I'm finding that i need to apply content twice (or 4x) for a single blended image, i.e. Media Player 1 Layer 1 (Left side of blend) & Media Player 2 Layer 1 (right side).

I've played around briefly with a virtual site but only seemed to duplicated a cloned image on both ( or 4x) outputs, am I missing something?

Can you please advise the correct way to approach programming with a blend.

Regards

Aaron
azman

Re: Projector Blend basics

Postby Mike Steinbrecher » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:43 am

HI,

yes in default all our camera´s ( output´s ) show the same area/ image. So you have to change the camera offset to get our blend working.
If your go to your camera´s, you will see Offset X and Offset Y, try this ones out, by just moving the faders. If you have a look in the preview window, you will see, that the position of white frames will change. By this you can set up your camera offset, to get a blend.

So for e.g. you want to have two screens with a blend in the x achse.
To make it easy, take a test pattern and put it on layer 1, full opacity, off all players, or servers.
Now take camera 1, and move the X Offset as long until the middle of the picture hits the border of the frame(in the preview), or your monitor/projector.
Now do the same thing with camera 2, just in the opposite direction.
The picture should now be in the middle of the two screens.
Now you could grab the softedge of these sides in the camera´s and make the blend nice and soft.
If you move the picture on layer 1 now, it will move above the two screens/projectors.

Just play around a little bit, and try it out, you will understand it is very easy.

NIce regards

Mike
---------------------------------------------
Mike Steinbrecher
Technical Sales Manager
Meister für Veranstaltungstechnik

Christie Digital Systems | http://www.christiedigital.com| Richard-Byrd-Strasse 19 | 50829 Koeln | Germany
Mike Steinbrecher

Return to Pandoras Box V5