Double-sided rendering

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Double-sided rendering

Postby godbird » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:53 am

Hi everyone!
I found that if I put a mesh on a particular layer,and put a media on the layer.
then I change the Rotation of the Y or X Axis more than 90°,I cound not see the back of the layer. But if I clear the mesh, the back of the layer appeared.
Is there some way that could realize the double-sided rendering on the layer with mesh?
godbird

Re: Double-sided rendering

Postby Julia Foest » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:36 am

Hi Godbird,

I´m sorry, from PB version 4.5 the settings for planar mesh objects are changed and you only have the front side to be rendered.
There is no way to get the backside, except that you create a very flat box object eg. in gmax, then you can get both sides.
As example I created a 4:3 fullscreen box object, see attachment.

Best regards,
Julia
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Julia Foest

Postby godbird » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:17 am

Thank you, Julia.

You means that in the lower version than 4.5, it would have the backside rendering. Is not it?
godbird

Postby Julia Foest » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:47 am

Hi,

I apologize for giving an incorrect information. The mesh backside- behaviour in Vers. 4.1 is the same like it is in Vers. 4.5/4.6.
It depends on the object you create. If you create a plane where only one side has UVW-texture coordinates, you will never see the backside (except creating an object with texture coordinates on both sides, like the box see post before).

Best regards,
Julia
Julia Foest

Return to Pandoras Box V5