Using Server with laptop

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Using Server with laptop

Postby nickdiacre » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:23 am

Hi...

Just a query... I usually demo shows using media manager and clone desktop, so people can see how it works etc... I was wondering if it is possible to use PB [server] with a laptop, by using the dongle and outputting to an external projector/plasma. This way I could have a portable "demo" unit...

I tried but I could not get an output when I clicked "full screen". Also when I dragged the server application to the second desktop, it just said "Initialising render window"

Any ideas/more sensible suggestions for offering a preview/demo to clients?

Nick
nickdiacre

Re: Using Server with laptop

Postby Julia Foest » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:38 am

Hi Nick,

if you´re doing only a demo with a laptop and PB server installed, that should be ok, but in general it is never recommended to run a server on a laptop!
Nevertheless, it should work getting a fullscreen out of the laptop. Could you please send the logfiles to support@coolux.de? So we can have a look into it.

Which part of PB the Clients should see? Just the fullscreen? Or the GUI?
Alternatively you could use a player, running the fullscreen on secondary output.

Best regards,
Julia
Julia Foest

Re: Using Server with laptop

Postby nickdiacre » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:55 am

Hi Julia,

Thanks for the reply... I wanted the clients to see the out put [not the GUI]. On the laptop I am running in extended desktop mode, and it has problems when I click output to full screen. I will send over a log to you ASAP.

I would never run a show like this, it's just to show them an example of the work in progress....

Nick
nickdiacre

Return to Pandoras Box V5