Animating models for stereoscopic projection.....

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Animating models for stereoscopic projection.....

Postby Tito » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:36 am

I've been playing around with stereoscopic demos for our clients, and one of the things I would like to do, is to animate a 3d object.....
So far I have managed to export my .x file with the flattened texture in order to be used for my project, it took me a while to figure out the sizes and procedures to get this to work.... and I got it down....

But now I would like to be able to use an animated object, I figured that I could export a .x file for every animation frame in the object my concern is if I would be able to play it back in media manager or if I would need to make keyframes replacing the mesh information for each animation frame????

I'm using the pandasoft directx exporter for 3ds max, how would I set it up to export a .x file for each frame in my object??????

thanks a lot for any help.
Tito

Re: Animating models for stereoscopic projection.....

Postby Julia Foest » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:41 am

Dear Tito,

it is not possible to load animated x-files to Pandoras Box yet.

The idea of exporting one x-file per animated frame is good, but you won't get a satisying result. As you will need to assign the texture (video or picture) to each object-holding-clip-container, every frame a new texture AND a new object needs to be loaded - this won't work out.

I will put this to the feature wish list. Maybe one day it can be implemented.

Best regards,
Julia
Julia Foest

Return to Pandoras Box V5