hand writing

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

hand writing

Postby ueliriegg » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:24 pm

hello forum

today i was confronted with a challenge, which i successfully could get rid of. but i'm still wondering, if i could have done it with pandora. still don't know how either.
the question was, if i can have a text that's written on screen like it would when written by hand. hard to explain. not word by word and not letter my letter, but line by line. just like you do when handwriting. So let's say there's supposed to be a "B": it starts with a single line being drawn from top to bottom, then the two bows starting top to the middle to the bottom. hope i could get myself understood.

my reaction was, that's a job for content and not for pandora. was i right?

cheers from switzerland
felix
ueliriegg

Re: hand writing

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:13 am

I am not a 100% sure if I understand you correctly.
If you want to have handwritting appear on the screen like someone is writting than this is clearly content creator part. Right now there is no way of having pandoras box animate Text like you decribe. After Effects can do this, you might need a plugin so. I am not sure.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Re: hand writing

Postby Patrick Verhey » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:54 pm

Hi,

there is actually a easy way used in a show in Germany already. The recent comedy tour of "Ralf Schmitz" is using something like that. The are using wacom boards connected with bluetooth to a PC. Using the wacom writing software they can now write on that PC. The designed a mask with white background and ornage border. The whole PC output is send to a DVI input card of Pandoras Box. And so they can write straight on the screen. An with colour keying you could also key the background to use it as text only input.

regards

Patrick

Return to Pandoras Box V5