50Hz Out at pandoras Box

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

50Hz Out at pandoras Box

Postby Daniel Schaefer » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:37 pm

I just found out that it is a little bit confusing how to set up 50 Hz on two outputs on Pandoras Box. First of all i just could get it really to work is to use RGBHV cables.
When you try it directly in Dual View Mode it will not work properly. The thing is that you have to switch to single output. then set up the custom Resolution in the desired Resolution and Frequency. When the first Monitor is done, you have to switch to the second one also in Single Mode. Also there you have to create a custom resolution. After this is done you can go to the multiple disply setup and switch to Dual mode again. After that i was able to directly setup the desired resolution without a problem.
best regards

Daniel Schäfer
CEO / CTO

coolux GmbH
Daniel Schaefer

Re: 50Hz Out at pandoras Box

Postby selor » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:32 pm

Hi Daniel,

Sure its always confusing but with feedbacks i hope it will works always in the future .
Tell me if you're Ok with that :

All GCards setup of NVIDIA Cards depend on the EDID they are receiving from the display.
If a display return an EDID that is a résolution not created somewhere in the boring driver NVIDIA often its buggy and it don't works fine.

You have personnaly expériment our problems with that last week héhé sorry but i think we are on the way of a setup process for each type of displays.

I am begining some test in our sociéty for some different projectors and EDID information sends by theses displays. iam experiencing many difficulties to have all working perfectly.
I will continue this post here in order to give you my feedbacks if you are ok .

First Installation :

Projectors Devices : Two Christies Roadster 18K (Native Matrix 1920*1080)
PB server : One server V4 Pro Connected in DVI on the two Outputs

1 -Before boot the server i have setup the EDID of the two projectors in "1080p / 1080I 50HZ file. ( there is a menu in all Roadster series to setup EDID on the DVI ) And this is the file i have choosed.
2- Have boot the server normally . My first observation was a strange issue ... the digital front panel show a 800*600 Res 60HZ. and when i am looking Res in the list don't show any 1920*1080 ...
3- I decided to try via the Output Menu directly in the Nvidia Setup Driver ... the resolution don't appear ... GRRR so i decided to create it but another time don't working...
4- I have made my modification that works on every Nvidia cards i 'am using (See the file Attach). This file is a modification of the driver just in order to show the old NVIDIA control panel because i know it perfectly.
5- After this point i arrive to create a custom Res but just in 60HZ .. 1920*1080*60HZ
6- So i decided trying using LIghware EDID Manager with the code 44 wich return a 1920*1080@50Hz to the card.
7- Reboot the server in order th card take the new EDID. Finally i have created my f..... Resolution and put it on the two outputs.
8- Changing the good Timing adjust Values according with the tables of Res for Pandora i arrive to have pandora Client Working perfectly .

But the digital panel in front of the server dont show the 1920*1080 Res .

I hope my tests will Helps :)
selor

Postby selor » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:37 pm

Continuing experiencing problems to have 2 outputs working in 1920*1080 50HZ on each outputs :

First we have reboot the server in the projector with an 1080P / i 50HZ as EDID setup in the Christie roadster 18K
The graphic card through Nvidia Control panel show only one choice of resolution on each output : 1920*2160 on each ... strange value .. and impossible to create any resolution even if we reboot on a single output and try to create the good Res.

So we decided to relaunch and reboot on two lightware EDID manager, setup on a 1920*1080@50HZ on each ouput. We have created the resolutions perfectly with the good timing adjust In the pandora PDF list timing adjust values.
This time under windows desktop in dualview the two christies show perfectly the good resolution 1920*1080P 50Hz. But when we rego launching the client PB PB won't show anything just a Black . Directshow issue or something wrong in our method ?.??
I hate EDID Technology hehe but could you help Us to have it working ?

Thanks for your answers.

Anthony
selor

Postby selor » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:02 pm

Really need a solution to setup it Guys :(
selor

Postby selor » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:27 pm

Hum ... :x
For the moment really doesn't working with two or one EDID Manager with the code 44 or 43 (1920*1080p 50Hz)

We arrive to have it working for the HD christie 18K projectors with booting directly on the both projectors with a strange EDID parameter in the projector:
It s working with this EDID mode in the projector : named "1400*1050 @102 HZ 3D" but it doesn't work with the EDID mode named "1080I /1080P @50HZ" ....

Strange and really boring .. as resume for the moment for us if we change projectors we are not sure to have PB working in HD or other ????

We really hope to find with you a solution in order to have the cards working perfectly with EDID manager on their outputs for the two resolutions ( 1400*1050 50HZ and 1920*1080@50Z)
Imagine if we have to pass one night by events to setup the graphic cards it will be too much dangerous for us for our customers.

Regards.
selor

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:11 pm

Hi Selor,

Let me describe how we got it working.

1) You need to make sure that you have NVIDIA Driver 177.79 installed (very early Versions of Version 4 Hardware had an older driver). If you have a different driver installed please update.

2) You need to setup one output at a time!!! Otherwise windows and the driver gets confused.
So attach the 1st Projector to the EDID Manager and than the EDID Manager to Output 1 of the Graficscard.
Set the EDID Manager to Mode 41 (1920x1080@50Hz Mode 2)

PowerOn the Server.

Now create a custom Mode in the NVIDIA Driver with Manual settings for 1920x1080@50HZ

H Front Porch: 192
V Front Porch: 41
Active H Pixel: 1920
Active V Pixel: 1080
H Total: 2640
V Total: 1125
H Sync: 80
V Sync: 5

Desiered Refresh Rate of 50Hz

Save those settings.

Power Down the server. Remove the EDID Manager. Power up the server.
Now you should be able to select 1920x1080@50Hz in the windows display tool. Sometimes it does for some reason not show up in the NVIDIA Driver.

Now your 1st projector should run 19020x1080 @ 50Hz.

Power down. Unplug Porjector No2, Plug Projector No2 in the EDID Manger on Output No2.

Repeat the process of setting up Projector 1 for Projector No 2.

Turn of the server. Plug both projectors in and turn the server back on.

Now both projectors should run 1920x1080@50Hz.

A few Sidenotes:
The LCD Display will show you the resolution you are currently running.
Because of the way the NVIDIA Driver handles custom modes we are currently not able to configure the Outputs to custom modes.

I hope this helps and fixes your Problem.

Greetings from Germany
Daniel Kaminski
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Postby selor » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:15 pm

Hi Daniel,

Really amazing about One month after we bought the system its always impossible for us on the two servers to solve this 1920*1080 50Hz on both output ...

We try many things but we don't arrive to setup it.

we have make exactly the process of your precedent post . BUT fisrt in our EDID Manager the code 41 is a 1920*1080@25 so i try with this one . but i have tried even with the code 44 with is 1920@1080@50Hz and in all case we loose the driver and return to 4Bit display when we boot on EDID managers ... i have change 7 times of EDID manager and cables ... going to be mad with this :)

A version driver issue ? Edid Manager issue ? dont really understand its the same on the two servers.

Thanks for your advice ...

Anthony
selor

Postby Patrick Verhey » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:11 pm

Hi Anthony,

we need to do some research why this is not working. We can setup this easily with our monitors here. Maybe the timing of the christie projectors is different.
Do you have any manual in which christie specify the timing and resolution information for these projectors?

regards

Patrick

Postby selor » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:46 pm

the problem of this is not ...
this is why we try to have it working on EDID manager because if we need to have many difficult like this with all projectors it would me dangerous ..
if we find a solution for the two resolutions 1400*1050@50 and 1920*1080@50 with EDID managers it would be working all the time even if you put a X projector behind.

Regards

Anthony
selor

Return to Pandoras Box V5