keyframe generation / import

All about PB Automation and custom integration

Moderator: Moderator Group

keyframe generation / import

Postby eennoo » Fri May 03, 2013 9:53 am

Hello there,

For a stage design I'm developing object movements and coordinates outside of PB, in vvvv. The final show will be run by a PB server.
Now I have to import keyframes for object movements into PB.

Is there a standard routine for importing such data into PB in a way that editability withing PB is still possible?

I found how sequence keyframes are saved in the PB project XML. I could write into the XML (tested that manually and the new keyframes show up). But somehow this doesnt feel right. I don't wanto to mess with the PB project file integrity.

Before I dive into the SDK - is there a function to set keyframes in the SDK? Or is there any other method, like reading from a csv document, which I've missed?

Thanks a lot

Eno.
eennoo

Re: keyframe generation / import

Postby eennoo » Fri May 03, 2013 4:52 pm

Ok. The way is to use the ArtNet input feature and mapping table of PB to send values to the objects in PB, and store the values into a sequence or preset.

At least for the little amount of data I've generated.

E
eennoo

Re: keyframe generation / import

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Fri May 17, 2013 1:23 pm

Hi E,

Just to give you one more way:

Use the Pandoras Box SDK to connect to Pandoras Box and then set your desired values via AutoSetParamDouble(siteNum As Integer, deviceNum As Integer, ParamName As String, value As Double) and then AutoStoreActiveToTime(seqNum As Integer, hours As Integer, minutes As Integer, seconds As Integer, frames As Integer) to create a keyframe. If no container exists at that position it will create one just like it would when working with active values in Pandoras Box directly.

Best regards
Dennis

SDK Function Reference
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Return to Integration of 3rd party applications (SDK)