SDK with Mono?

All about PB Automation and custom integration

Moderator: Moderator Group

SDK with Mono?

Postby bradstallion » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:27 pm

Hi All,
did someone try the provided SDK with Mono C# compiler?

Just to test, I've added a simple Main method to Auto class in PandorasAutomation.cs:

public static void Main() {
InitializeTCP("10.0.0.1", 0, true);
}

compilation works fine and PandorasAutomation.exe is generated.
When I run it, I get a DllNotFoundException PBA.dll. Where can I get it? The only dll provided is PandorasAutomation.dll

Thanks a lot
bradstallion

Re: SDK with Mono?

Postby Martina Protze » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:05 pm

Hi

no we have not tried that. But just a quick guess: PBA.dll must be written somewhere, if you replace that with PBAutomation.dll and copy the dll next to your exe, it should work

Best regards,
Martina Protze
Technical Support, Pandoras Box and Widget Designer
Martina Protze

Postby bradstallion » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:57 pm

Thanks, where can I find PBAutomation.dll?
Thanks again
bradstallion

Postby JustynR » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:44 am

I believe that the one you're looking for is in the install folder with PB (c:\programs\coolux\version ##)

don't know if it is the one because it is 'PandorasAutomation.dll' and not PBAutomation.dll...

Maybe the same?

Cheers,
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:02 pm

Hey,

PBA.dll/PandorasAutomation.dll/PBAutomation.dll are all the same file, but it changes when new automation commands are added. The in the SDK included dll will work with all the commands that are in the SDK documentation. Older PB versions might not react to commands that have not been implemented at releasetime.

The PandorasAutomation.dll is a C++ (Win32) dll which requires some visual studio runtimes to be present. As far as I can see you will only be able to run it on Windows due to the usage of the winsock implementation. (I guess you want mono for a non-win OS)

All PBA.dll does is establish a TCP or UDP connection and some management/parsing of data; not really much. You can implement your own connector (and infact I am working on native connectors for a couple of languages). If you like you can have my work-in-progress C# connector. It is written from scratch and is not tested in any way! Also the actual commands are not yet added, so you would have to look through either the C++ or the JS code to see how the packages are built.

Best regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Return to Integration of 3rd party applications (SDK)