blackmagic decklink studio video card

and all the interaction

Moderator: Moderator Group

blackmagic decklink studio video card

Postby Robbert Mak » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:11 pm

Hi,

I got this card yesterday and installed it on our pb mp standard system, it shows in pb but when i bring up a layer it only gives me a black image.
Anyone got experience with this card? ideas of what i'm doing wrong? It has directshow drivers so i figured i had a fair chance of getting it to work. The card works with it's own software by the way, so i think it installed correctly.

I probably missed something.

Thanks,

Robbert
Robbert Mak

Re: blackmagic decklink studio video card

Postby JustynR » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:23 pm

I have the same - Blackmagic Decklink SDI DUO.

When you are starting a project with the black magic card, you have to make sure your configurations match (found in the inspector). You have to tell it through PB what the input resolution and refresh rate.

If they are not right... you will either see a black screen, or in my experience, the input will be out of sync and start randomly flashing on the screen.

If it works in its own software, it should work in PB... Just make sure that you don't have the software open when you try and use it. This card will only allow one program to access it, I'm not sure, but you might need to reboot before it will be released from that program.. I'll double check in a little bit with my cards...

Justyn
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Postby Robbert Mak » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:48 am

Thanks Justyn,

The problem was me, of course, when i figured that i had to start the client and configure the card from there it worked like a charm.
thanks again.
Robbert Mak

Postby djrappa » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:14 am

Just wanted to add that I've also had GREAT experience with these cards and the lack of latency and sync accross multiple client machines is fantastic.
Cheers
Clint Dulieu
Dulio Design
djrappa

Postby alverman » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:48 am

This card also accepts composite signals?

Thanks, Alberto
PROService -IT
Intel i7 2600K LGA1155
MB P8H67-MLE 16GB
2xSSD 250GB
GTX470
Win 8.1 PRO
Manager STD V6.1
Player PRO V6.1
WDPro V5 2500
** La famiglia ti nutre, ti veste .... finchè non sei pronto per girare il mondo alla ricerca di qualcosa di tuo. **
alverman

Return to 3rd Party Hardware & Software Components