Media Player and Nvidia Ge Force Go Grafic Card

and all the interaction

Moderator: Moderator Group

Media Player and Nvidia Ge Force Go Grafic Card

Postby Patrick Verhey » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:20 pm

A new thing on NVIDIA Ge Force Go Cards!

These Cards are often used in mobile computers and they have a feature that can crash a Pandoras Box Media Player very quick. On these Cards you can choose wich screen is the Video Playback Full Screen. That works with the Windows Media Player, but not with Pandoras Box.

What happens if you have choosen this option is that you will see the Pandoras Box user interface with a working preview Window on your primary screen, and a full screen render output on the secondary. Since the Media Player can only use one output it will chrash as soon as you change a clip. Espacially if you are using different resolutions on both outputs.

So, if you are running a Pandoras Box Media Player on such a grafic card, make sure that you deavtivate the full screen output on the secondary screen.
To do this, enter the NVIDI Control Center by right klicking on the desktop. Choose the secondary display and click "ge force go"! A menue will appear next to the window. in this Menue you klick "nView Display Setting" and then "Full Screen Video". After that you will have a scroll menue in the main window. Take "disable" and apply this.
With this settings everything will work the way it should work.

Re: Media Player and Nvidia Ge Force Go Grafic Card

Postby maxx » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:10 pm

hi, i have a media player standard on laptop dell precision m90 video card quadro 2500 fx 512 of ram.i try to visualize the full screen in a second monitor.In the nvidia control center, i select dual view, but when i switch in full screen, that appear in screen of laptop.i try to set the external monitor like a prymary, but it's no possible in the control center menu.can you help me?
thanx in advance
maxx
maxx

Postby Patrick Verhey » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:06 pm

Hi,

At the Moment it is not possible to get the Full Screen on the secondary output! You need to change the grafic card settings so that the primary output is not the Laptop Screen! After you have opend Pandoras Box you need to move it over to the Laptop Screen. If you switch to Full Screen now you have the controls on the laptop and the full screen on the external monitor!

Postby maxx » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:59 pm

thank's a lot.at the end i change my video card driver, whit the last official release and...voilà!i i can now invert the screen's, and can open the program in the secondary monitor on lappy.
during the start logo appear on external outpout (now primary screen).
when i go to full screen in the external outpout , everything goes OK, but the mouse in the secondary monitor disappear, but still there, because if i click left or right on it, it's present but invisible.
On the preview version of player, the same but when i move the mouse, that strobe, i and i can see it in the interface, an work it.
tested in two different system whit the same response.
thx adv
maxx

Postby Patrick Verhey » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:35 am

That sounds good.

For the mouse try a CTRL + M! We made the mouse to dissapear, so that you dont see it on the Full Screen. If you want to use it it will come up front with CTRL + M and it will dissapear again with the same shotcut.

Postby maxx » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:47 pm

Yes man....thx :D
maxx

Return to 3rd Party Hardware & Software Components