Martin Maxxyz and Pandoras Box

and all the interaction

Moderator: Moderator Group

Martin Maxxyz and Pandoras Box

Postby Patrick Verhey » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:21 am

Hi,

is there anybody out there using a Martin Maxxyz Console to control Pandoras Box??????

I have a question, regarding the libary. As I never worked with Martin Consoles bevor it might be a user error, but I couls not figure out how to assing Media or Objects to my layer.
I Patched a Video Layer wich is build by Martin with 37 DMX Channels, which is the rigth amount of channels. And I have full controll of every Pandoras Box feature. Also the mapping inside the console is right, so opacity is opacity and so on. But I could not find a feature to assing medai content or objects. How does that works?

And is there a way to change the mapping of the features? If you select a group like Pan/ Tilt the console will split the functions to the virtual faders in a strange order, so it starts with X Pos followed by X Rotation and X Scale. For me it makes no sense to do it like this......

Is it right that there is no way to write your own fixture libary, or to edit the existing libary?

Thanks for you help.

Patrick

Re: Martin Maxxyz and Pandoras Box

Postby Patrick Verhey » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:11 am

OK, I posted that Problem at the Martin Forum and got some kind of an answer to it. So let me share this to everybody here. The Problem is that I actually did excat what he is writing there and it did not work out. But anyway, the operator of the Martin Console need to take care of it......

Hi there Patrick,

Here you have your anwers:

To access the channels to assign media or objetcs to a layer; they're on the "Gobo" LCD Button, but as you can see only 4 channels per page (as you have only 4 belts for parameters), you've to reach the second page. If you're using version 320, just push again the "Gobo" LCD button and you'll be at second page (take a look also at Pan/Tilt 3 pages, and a BEam Effects 2 pages), then you'll be able to access all parameters (channels). If you're in a earlier version, just click and hold the LCD buttons and spin the silver wheel below (right).

To change the order of the parameters on the belts or LCD buttons, just access to the Menu, "Show">"Parameter group" tag,, and then you can choose where to put the channels and the order.

Is right,you cannot create your own library right now (it will be possible in the future), but don't worrie, Martin's existing libraries are very well constructed, and work fully.

Regarding the ArtNet things, Maxxyz is using 255.0.0.0 subnet with an 2.x.x.x auto IP (each console has is own), you need to chane the IP in the Pandoras Box, just put a different IP starting at 2, and the subnet 255.0.0.0 and it should work. Remember than if you patch something at universe 1 in the console it will be transmitted as universe 0 over artnet, always "universe-1" for your understanding. MArtin is counting from 1 because the patch is intended for normal DMX wiring (no Ethernet) and it's automatically rerouted on ArtNet signal to an universe below, in that way, universe 1 will match with XLR output 1 at the back of the console (by default). Before ArtNet, universe 0 didn't existed in no console.

Good luck, and best regards!
Raúl Gómez
ILUMINACIÓN ALBADALEJO SL
www.albadalejo.com
Edited by - Raúl on 31 Oct 2008 10:08:01

Postby Patrick Verhey » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:46 am

And one more helpful answer from Martin:

Hi!

I worked on the pandora's library with the US support team, they actually came out to my office for an afternoon. The library was approved by them and everything should be working ok on every channel.
The mapping of the faders can be done in the menu for software 2.3 on. I would recommend installing 2.3.320 to really see how the new navigation works. You can not edit the library (yet) but can order and assign your parameters any way you want.
Use the "browse" button to find channels you can't see, it will switch your view right to it.

Artnet is a fixed IP address which is unique to each console and randomly calculated. There is no user action required to turn it on or off, it's always there.
We do not like the hexadecimal nature of artnet and simply think in decimal universes like everybody else on a show would.
Artnet starts internally at 0-0, which is our Universe 1. This has worked well for years with all sorts of Artnet devices. I don't see a Universe 0 really being a useful thing. You are correct that 0-7 is Universe 8.

If you have any feedback on the library feel free to send me a mail at mh @ martinpro . com

matthias hinrichs

development product manager-controllers
Martin Professional A/S

Postby mediaop » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:17 pm

You couldn´t have done it like explained because to change the parameter order for fixtures in the maxxyz takes just seconds to rearrange and is really easy.
mediaop

Return to 3rd Party Hardware & Software Components