Coolux CTIP with Martin Maxxyz

and all the interaction

Moderator: Moderator Group

Coolux CTIP with Martin Maxxyz

Postby ryan7585 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:09 pm

Hey there all,

I've discovered that the Martin Maxxyz console will receive CTIP thumbnails allowing me to see the content.

However...there is a problem...

Maxxyz has two Ethernet ports...1 - art net , 2 - remote

As informed by Martin, the maxxyz receives it's CTIP thumbnails only over the remote network port.

The problem is, if I connect the Coolux system onto this remote port I cannot control it with art net, but I can get the thumbnails.

Coolux will recognize the ip address of the computer and communicate over the primary ip address that it identifies. If I run both network ports of the Coolux machine one for art net the other for the remote network the manager will only talk to the one port that it identifies first.

Unless someone has already managed to get this to work, is there a possibly that we could look at developing a section in the configuration to allow multiple network point interface so that the exchange of thumbnails can be down the second Ethernet port for maxxyz consoles.

Regards,

Ryan
ryan7585

Re: Coolux CTIP with Martin Maxxyz

Postby JustynR » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:12 pm

That's great to hear that it is supported,

Does the Maxxyz not save the thumbnails? I know that the MA and for example the WD you only need to transfer the thumbnails once and then they are saved.

Shouldn't that work on the Maxxyz too?

Really a question out of curiosity.

Justyn
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:22 pm

How about using a switch?
Connect the Manager to the Switch and the Maxxyz with both ports to the same switch.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Postby ryan7585 » Wed May 04, 2011 1:45 am

Used a switch, problem is, i also have DL2s on the mix that require DHCP IP Addresses, thus it spits out an address to the console making it think it now has two artnet ports. This in a result disables the 'remote' settings and it won't find the manager and do the exchange...

I will try the startup without control and see if the thumbnails exchange...I believe it should save them...but its a pain if i want to load content live...

Ryan
ryan7585

Return to 3rd Party Hardware & Software Components