MacBook pro

and all the interaction

Moderator: Moderator Group

MacBook pro

Postby Minizzel23 » Tue May 29, 2012 9:21 pm

Hi

I'm just looking to find out if it is possible to network a MacBook pro into the assets tab in the manager software. We have a gb coming up where our graphics designer has 20gb video files on their MacBook pro and instead of loading onto an external hard drive then loading onto the manager pc and then into the project folder from the assets tab is there a way to put the MacBook on the same network and have the local, pandoras box and the MacBook pro in the assets. I have my pandoras box ip set to 196.169.1.1
Local pc for manager set to 196.169.1.2
And have the MacBook pro set to 196.169.1.3
I can see the MacBook pro in the network folder on the local pc but can't find a way to open and see it in the manager software.

Many thanks
Rob
Minizzel23

Re: MacBook pro

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Wed May 30, 2012 2:34 pm

Hi Rob,

this is not even possible with Windows machines. As we are only showing the master and connected clients you cannot see any other connected machines.
The only idea is to mount the Mac as a network folder but this way the content would never be copied to the master and all previews are rendered from the Mac. This may as well confuse the software itself and may lead to strange issues.
We always recommend to copy ALL data to the manager first and drag it into the project from there.

You could think about copying the files via network or automatically synchronize the connected folder to a local one. This way you always have all content on the manager and as well available inside the asset tab.

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Return to 3rd Party Hardware & Software Components