Road Hog and Art Net

and all the interaction

Moderator: Moderator Group

Road Hog and Art Net

Postby zackheimbegner » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:34 pm

I am trying to connect a Road Hog (currently running Whole Hog 3 software) to my Pandora’s Box.
I do not currenly have access to the Coolux DMX link cables (out on another show), and I am trying to connect my console via Art Net utilizing a DMX to Art Net adapter (Cata-Lynx rack unit).
I have placed my Manager, Server, and Road hog onto the same Art Net network as the Cata-Lynx (2.145.26.x), and I am able to see the Cata-Lynx in my Manager’s Browser (it says it sees a signal); however, I am unable to control any of Pandora’s Box’s attributes via the Road Hog.
I have the Activate Input selected under Art Net in Pandora’s Box’s Configuration tab.
In the Road Hog, the only Coolux fixtures were for Pandora’s Box V4 devices, but I am currently running V5.
I would assume that regardless of V4 or V5, my Road Hog should still send DMX signal that would control my Pandora’s Box attributes.

Is there a setting I am missing, or a hardware device I am lacking to use this device on Art Net?
Zack H.
Digital Media Technician
zackheimbegner

Re: Road Hog and Art Net

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:05 am

Hi!

To control Pandoras Box via Art-Net or DMX you have to activate two things:

- activate the Art-Net input (like you already did)
- patch the layers within the patch tab on the top right
- if you create a new project as a lighting console project all servers and players are patched automatically and effects are added to the layers

The version 4 library will not fit the version 5 software as all parameters have been changed and rearranged.
Nevertheless, as soon as you patch the layers you will see active values as the Art-Net is producing these...

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Postby zackheimbegner » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:21 pm

Thank you for the response Markus.

I did go ahead and start a Lighting Console project, and the Road hog is set to the V4 fixture library.
Unfortunately, the Pandora's Box Manager is not creating Active values anywhere when I adjust the Road Hog dials/settings.

Is there, perhaps, a V5 fixture library out there that I have not yet been able to find?
Zack H.
Digital Media Technician
zackheimbegner

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:27 am

Hi again,

I haven't heard about an existing fixture so far. We are in contact with Flying Pig / Barco for creating fixtures, but this process is not finished yet.
I am not sure if anyone around the world has built a fixture on their own.

Nevertheless, you should and could check the basic connecting by just crating a desk channel to prove the connection to Pandoras Box.
- Is PandorasBox and your RoadHog set to a 2.x.y.z IP-address?
- Do you see the Art-Net coming in within the Art-Net-Viewer?

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Return to 3rd Party Hardware & Software Components