Two Capture Cards in One Server

and all the interaction

Moderator: Moderator Group

Re: Two Capture Cards in One Server

Postby JustynR » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:21 pm

I have 2 cards in all of my 15 machines.

To add them to the project, both of them are in the Live Input in the asset tab in that machine.

For your application, you only need 1 card. I use 2 inputs for 2 different sources.

If you want 1 inputs on 2 outputs all you need to do is apply that 1 capture card to 2 different layers - just like a picture or video.

As a note also, you don't need a video layer for a capture card - you can put it on a graphics layer.

Does make sense?

J
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:04 am

Hi Tim,

as Justyn already explained, you will find the live feeds within the "live input" folder within the asset tab.
After dragging them into your project they can be used the same way as all other content as well. Just attach them to a layer and let it run.

As you have the live inout only within the server you will not see the picture within the manager, as it is physically not there.

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Two Capture Cards (HD-SDI+DVI) in One Server

Postby kemal » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:17 am

Hi guys,

I hope all of you are fine and I wish a good week for you. I dont know that this page is the right one about my question.

I have a question.

is it possible at the same time to get 4 inputs (2 capture boards= 2x DVI + 2xHD-SDI) with quad server? I mean each output has a capture! is it possible or not?

I had a project last week with 5 projector 1st and 5th projectors have a separated video and separated live camera capture, 3 projector in the middle has presentation capture and live camera capture. My each servers have a 1xDVI capture board thats why I could not run this project.

Have you done any project like that with 2xHD-SDI and 2xDVI capture? or is it an extreme wish?

if my questions' answer is yes; this kind of projects can be done easily by my servers which are gonna be upgraded.

Thank you,

Kemal
kemal

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:44 pm

Hi Kemal,

as I answered already by mail basically it shouldn't be a problem doing this.
Of course frame rates and resolutions can be a limiting factor.

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Return to 3rd Party Hardware & Software Components