3 capture card in one pc

and all the interaction

Moderator: Moderator Group

3 capture card in one pc

Postby andreax » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:30 am

Hi guys,
I'm pretty new to Pandora and I'm setting up some pc so that I can use them as video mixer.
I was wondering if there are problems using 3 input card (VisionRGB-E2S Capture Cards, 2 DVI input each) plus 1 or 2 output card (Asus GTX660 TI-DC2-2GD5) in a motherboard with 6 PCI-e x16 slots (Asus p9x79-ws) and a i5/7 cpu.
I will use the capture cards with 1080p60 inputs.
All with Pandors Player Standard (1 or 2 licenses depending on the number of output needed) and a Manager Lite.
Have anyone tried this kind of setup?
Thanks,
Andrea
andreax

Re: 3 capture card in one pc

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:46 am

Hi,

Lots of questions:
a) Pandoras Box only supports 1 GPU! Multiple GPUs in one PC are not Supported.
b) you can put as many Inputcards in your computer as you like. Your performance limitation will be your system.
Capturing 1080p60 needs a lot of Performance. You will need to do some tests how well that works with more than 1 inputcard. We have not tested that, since we do not own multiple VISION RGB cards.
We have tested Multiple Coolux Inputcard in our Servers and found that when it comes to displaying multiple liveinputs at the same time Performance goes down realy fast.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Postby andreax » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:02 pm

Hi Daniel and thanks for the prompt answer!
a) outh...ok, how about using a matrox DualHead2Go that split the 3840x1080 signal into 2 DVI 1920x1080? I don't know if the graphic card can support 3840x1080 on more than 1 exit though.
b) ok, but I've seen that capturing 2 input the cpu used was really low. But even if the performances goes low I don't care that muth since I will be using it as a video mixer putting on the oputput just 1 or 2 input and leaving all the others in the cue.

Andrea
andreax

Postby Christopher Fluegel » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:06 pm

hi,

there are graphic cards out there which can handle 3 or more active outputs at the same time with one GPU. for example all gtx600 series cards can do 3 outputs. plug in 3 player dongles will give you 3 fullscreen outputs. or use the amd firepro cards, depending on model they can handle up to 6 active outputs with one card.

consider that using 3 outputs or more is only possible with windows7.

almost every gtx graphic card can handle 3840x1080 on two outputs. for my self I never tried it with 3 outputs.

I would recommend at least a gtx 670 with 2gb ram for what you are trying to do.

and as daniel said: it's very important to test your hardware. 4 inputs with 1080p60 active at the same time is already a really hard job for the hardware.
Christopher Fluegel
Technical Support, coolux GmbH
Christopher Fluegel

Postby andreax » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:54 am

Ii will do some tests and I will let you know!
Thanks,
Andrea
andreax

Return to 3rd Party Hardware & Software Components