blackmagic intensity pro

and all the interaction

Moderator: Moderator Group

blackmagic intensity pro

Postby francomaria » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:36 pm

I have purchase a card blackmagic intensity pro, and coolux players system.
I Have installed driver and with capture software all is ok, but if choose live input "WDM intensity pro" in pbox have black screen.

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated,
best regards
Franco Maria
francomaria

Re: blackmagic intensity pro

Postby JustynR » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:39 am

Not exactly sure how the WDM driver for the Blackmagic cards work... from what I've read from the release notes, it is supposed to be for software that doesn't work with Blackmagic capture cards. When I the card, I noticed that there is a new WDM Network Adaptor if you open up the "Network Connections" control panel.

There should be another video option under live inputs. If you bring that into the project, you'll be able to configure that to the proper resolution (it has to match EXACTLY if it is going to work at all).

Then you should be able to put that on any layer - Video or Graphic - and you should see video.

I didn't ever have luck with the WDM in PB either.

Cheers,
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Postby francomaria » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:50 pm

You have used blackmagic card with pbox?
I've tried it, live input, even choosing "blackmagic intensity pro". As well as "WDM intensity" but same result.
Capturing software I keep it open or not?

In this post, http://forum.coolux.de/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1100&p=3185&hilit=blackmagic#p3185 a user says to use it without problems

thanks, best regards
francomaria

Postby JustynR » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:18 am

Yes!
I have used Blackmagic with PB and I've had very very good results - as little as 3 - 4 frames of delay! (not counting anything up or downstream of PB)

I am using the Decklink Duo (Dual HD-SDI) in 25 different Players and they all work perfectly fine!

You can not have the capture software open. In fact I believe there was a version of driver for these cards where if you opened up any software before PB to use these cards, you had to reboot the computer because the device was not released properly from that application.
I believe that has been fixed.

If I am not mistaken, what ever program you load the card into first will be the only one to use it - while that program is open - you can not share that resource between applications.
I could be wrong, but that is what I have experienced.

You should only have to choose "blackmagic intensity pro" - then - if you aren't using a Manager - click on that device in your project and configure it VIA your inspector.
If you're using this machine as a Client, you have to load the device into your project and then goto the Client itself - exit full screen - click on "Configure Live Input" and configure the signal type there.
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Postby francomaria » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:59 pm

I have updated driver and now work good!

Thanks for your reply.

Best regards
Franco Maria
francomaria

Return to 3rd Party Hardware & Software Components