EDID Settings on Christie Projectors

and all the interaction

Moderator: Moderator Group

EDID Settings on Christie Projectors

Postby Patrick Verhey » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:49 am

Hi,

and here we have another EDID thing, which I just figured out on a Show in Rome.

I had a strange thing happen as I setup two 30k Christie Projectors on a Server. Looking into the Nvidia settings I got totally different resolutions to choose, even if there were the same projectors with the same 5m DVI Cable.

Here is the trick:

On Christie Projectors you can setup user Profiles, and in these you can "force" resolutions. If one of these user profiles are loaded, the EDID only gives you the set resolutions.
The really mean thing on this is, that a reset to factory will not erase the problem. It will reset everything to the user Profile, so also the resolutions stay the same. So what you need to do is to jump into "administrator" mode an erase all these profiles or do a factory reset in the admin profile. But for this you may need a passwort.
After you are not in the user profile anymore you will be able to get alle the resolutions your projector can take.

But another tricky thing in this is, that you might need to restart your computer to grab the new EDID information from the projector.

Everyday gives us new EDID Fun - I´ll keep on learning 8)

Return to 3rd Party Hardware & Software Components