Video Capture cards

and all the interaction

Moderator: Moderator Group

Video Capture cards

Postby ItayGal » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:31 pm

Hi,

last week i tried to use PB version 3.6 with osprey 210 capture cards and i got a huge frame delay i think something like 10 frames.
the graphics cards I'm using are GeForce 9600 and I setup an output of 1400X1050 @ 75Hz (tried 50Hz but couldn't make it work).
the playback computers are strong and i don't have any problem playing the media content with them, I even tested the same configuration with
Dataton's watchout and the delay was much smaller.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong?
what is the recommended video capture card for PB?

Itay Gal
ItayGal

Re: Video Capture cards

Postby Patrick Verhey » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:43 pm

Hi,

we do have our own input cards on sale for Pandoras Box. All other cards like Osprey or Decklink will have at least a 5 frame delay in the input.
With the coolux cards like the SD SDI in or HD SDI input card you will have a two frame latency within the Pandoras Box rendering. There will be also a DVI capure card soon, but it is not finaly tested yet.

We do not recommend using non coolux cards with other drivers than the coolux ones. Even if you use a Decklink card you should have the coolux driver to get a better performance. All the coolux drivers a specially made for best performance on our systems.

kind regards

Patrick

Postby ItayGal » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:05 pm

Do you also have composite video capture cards?
should expect more delay on those as for the A -> D conversion?
ItayGal

Postby Patrick Verhey » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:15 am

Hi,

yes you are right. We have a 4times composite in but this will also have a 4 Frames delay.

cheers

Patrick

Postby dbmdbu » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:50 pm

Hi

We are trying to install a Decklink Hd Extrem card in a Coolux server, Once the blackmagic drivers are installed, we can get
the analog composite (NSTC) input working as a source in the PB. When we close the system, and change input configuration to HD-SDI source on the ExtremHD card,
we can't get the HD sdi source working in the PB projet.

We know that the HD-SDI input is working because we can use the Blackmagic capture program to test the card, and it works.

I have read that we need to install the Coolux HD-SDI drviers, even if we are not using Coolux input video cards,
What version is needed, do I need to remove the Blackmagic drivers

Daniel Benoit
dbmdbu

Postby JustynR » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:57 am

One thing i've noticed that you need to do for HD SDI is to make sure that the configuration is exactly right... even if the input is 59.94 and you have it set to 60hz, it won't work... or 1080i instead of 1080p.

I have an SDI duo - a different decklink card, and this is what i've noticed...
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Return to 3rd Party Hardware & Software Components