3rd Party Hardware for Media Palyer

and all the interaction

Moderator: Moderator Group

Re: 3rd Party Hardware for Media Palyer

Postby Julia Foest » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:09 am

Hi Justyn,

cool, a really good result you got with the Blackmagic Decklink Duo, thanks for reporting!
How to set up the incoming signals with this card? Can you manually choose the resolution, or is it autodetecting it?

Best regards,
Julia
Julia Foest

Postby JustynR » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:27 pm

Unfortunatly no, it does not auto-detect, you have to set up the input type manually on the Client machine.

:-(

This means that you have to exit full screen, in the shop that's fine, I don't have a problem doing that, but I'm sure it'd be a problem on a show. In the Manager Inspection tab, you have the option to click on "configure" in that inspector, but it doesn't do anything. Is it possible to migrate the settings for the capture card to the Manager when using a Client to capture?

I guess this is one for the wish list... but....

Thanks

Justyn
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Postby Julia Foest » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:29 am

Hi Justyn,

I think getting the setup-dialog from the client to the manager will not work.
But if you once configure the card BEFORE the show - it will be fine and remembering the configuration, won't it?

Best regards,
Julia
Julia Foest

Postby JustynR » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:19 pm

Yes,
after further testing, I discovered it does save the configuration... once you close the client and re-open it, it automatically opens with the correct resolution selection.

Thanks,

Justyn
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Postby merCUrium » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:11 pm

Hello,

Very interesting results Justyn. Especially since i'm searching for inputcards to upgrade our built on third party hardware servers as well. I am looking forward to use the black magic deckling studio, since it offers to hdmi inputs in addition to the sdi and various analog (including 4/4 audio in/out)

In my research I think I learned that all (or at least almost all) black magic cards have a rs422 port for remote control should be possible to do the resolution selection by a widget eg. during the show, but I had no tests on that matter, yet. The refurbishing call for all our machines goes out by the end of next week, so maybe in can tell you something about it by the end of August.

May the source be with you,
Johannes

By the way Matrox offers cards which operate at .6 farmes delay at a price of about 16000 EUR :D
merCUrium

Postby azman » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:38 am

Hello,

Just curious,

Has anyone had any experience with a Blackmagic DVI extender into a an SDI input?
azman

Postby punkyman » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:17 am

Hi,

I started out looking for my own custom setup for MP STD.
Anyone knows a good place to order 19" rack PC barebones that would have capability of housing DVI input card and GFX card.

Or if you have a working setup like that, please point me in the right direction.
punkyman

Postby rblais » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:47 pm

Does Coolux sell their own dual DVI inputs card seperately that allow somebody to install it on a 3rd party hardware Coolux Player? Maybe you'll already answer this before, but I'm just double checking as I'm looking to buy 3 dual dvi cards for custom made players setup. Regards.
rblais

Postby Oliver Kilian » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:44 am

Hi rblais,

We currently do not sell our DVI input cards to 3rd party player hardware.
This is all about the issue that we promise low latency factor that we can not assure on unknown hardware.
Sorry for that

Oliver
Oliver Kilian
coolux sales department

kilian@coolux.de
Oliver Kilian

Postby florian » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:04 am

Are NVidia's new Kepler based GFX cards supported by PB Media Player?

I'm specifically interested in the GeForce GTX 680, but it looks like the drivers have a bunch of (optional) settings that muck about with VSYNC.

I'm wondering if this could cause problems in Softedge scenarios across the two heads on one box and across multiple boxes.

Thanks!
-flo

"Wise men learn more from fools than fools from the wise."

Cato the Elder, Plutarch's Life of Cato
florian

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:54 pm

Hi!

We have not finished testing the 600 series of NVidias GTX cards. Therefore we cannot tell anything about these cards so far.
We do have heard good test results of customers of us, but there is never a 100% promise that this card suits for all applications.

Basically it makes sense to be able to set VSYNCs, but of course you can mess around with that as well.
So as always, please know what you are clicking! :-)

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Previous

Return to 3rd Party Hardware & Software Components