CINEMA 4D, APPLE MOTION & PANDORA

and all the interaction

Moderator: Moderator Group

CINEMA 4D, APPLE MOTION & PANDORA

Postby azman » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:24 am

Hi,

I'm looking for anyone who has had any experience with using Cinema 4D and/or Apple Motion with Pandoras box?

Basically i'm a Video editor/motion graphic artist who is purchasing pandoras box,

Any comments in regards to workflow would be really useful.

Thanks in advance.
azman

Re: CINEMA 4D, APPLE MOTION & PANDORA

Postby Patrick Verhey » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:27 pm

Hi,

good to hear that you purchased Pandoras Box. I hope you have a lot of fun with this.

Couls get us some more inormation on what exactly you need to know? Do you want to know the render settings of Cinema 4D or the codecs you can use? Or how to add the files into Pandoras Box?

To write a whole content production workflow would be a very very long text. Especially as we are not the Cinema and Motion experts..... :-)

Where are you based? You might think about attending a Pandoras Box training to learn everything about it. In the trainings we also give a lot of information on content types and codecs. Maybe that helps you already.

best regards

Patrick

Postby azman » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:03 am

Hi Patrick,

I was looking for any users that may be using Motion or Cinema 4D to produce content for pandoras, both program can export a multitude of different codecs & formats.

I'm looking for general experiences that users may have had, for example.....I use this codec from Motion & works in pandoras without converting... or I had trouble with XYZ, try using ABC instead....etc.

I'm based in Sydney, Australia - it's a little hard to get to Germany or US from here. Is there any chance of online training program in the near future?
azman

Postby Julia Foest » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:12 am

Hi,

I don´t have any experiences with Cinema 4D or Apple Motion, but I can tell you that there will be some video tutorials online soon. They will not replace an basic training, but anyway better than nothing.
You could also contact your local dealer and ask for a training, it's Show Technology in Sydney: http://www.showtech.com.au.

Best regards,
Julia
Julia Foest

Postby Martinkuhn » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:38 am

Hi

I've been using Pandoras Box with Cinema 4d alot recently, my best practice is to use Net Render to output an image Sequence (for example png or tiff seq.) Depending on what software you are using (for example Adobe Media Encoder) you can combine these images with a jpeg 2000 codec. These files will be converted perfectly by the Media Encoder in your manager.

Regards

Martin
Martinkuhn

Postby azman » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:25 am

Hello Coolux team,

I've been experimenting with different exports from Cinema 4D & am able to export to an .x file using a direct 3d export option within C4d.

I'm able to take this into PB & see the shape within the inspector window, unfortunately when applied to a mesh on layer the media becomes not visible.

I've tried a number of different setting with materials (with diffusion) & texture tags with C4D in hope of having it work within PB,

Could you provide some insight as to the information contained within an x. file for it to work within PB?

Or perhaps you have any suggestions that may help?

I'll shortly test exporting to a .3DS file & opening in Gmax, then export but assume this is workable solution? but as i use C4D for alot of content creation it would be ideal to streamline this process straight into PB.

Regards

Az
azman

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:14 am

Have you checked if your orientation is correct? Maybe you need to rotate the layer.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Postby azman » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:28 am

Hi Damien,

I tried rotating the object on all axis - still can't see object,

I haven't had the opportunity to run anymore tests - will do some more in the coming days (if time permits)

Cheers
azman

Return to 3rd Party Hardware & Software Components