Nussknacker in Hannover

Present your production here!

Moderator: Moderator Group

Nussknacker in Hannover

Postby 7pc » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:17 am

Hello,

just premiered yesterday (Dec. 5th 09) with "Nussknacker" @ Hanover State Opera. Used Two "Player-configuered" computers running one as the Player backstage feeding two cloned projectors (no, we did not do the usal VJ thing. Those two were never to be seen together.) and one as the Manager with the USB extension, ran by the stage manager herself.

We ran several loops of snowflakes and other falling particles (all done in Motion), a series of comiclike speech ballons (synched to the orchestra and dancers) and some backgrounds (mainly one PHG in high resolution we panned over very slowly.

More Information and tickets: http://www.hannover.de/staatsoperhannov ... index.html

We ran into some limitations of the Player and mainly created some feature wishes for 4.5.1 ;]

The most important thing to notice: If you want to blend layers You'll need Alpha, and that won't work because the data rate will be to hight... PreRoll times where up to 10 seconds and more, and after some shifting and repositioning it came out with only one dropped frame during the whole performance.
7pc

Re: Nussknacker in Hannover

Postby Patrick Verhey » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:44 am

Hi,

thanks for the information.

regarding your feature wish, we will discuss this but I´m not sure if there is a big chance to change that. The main issue on running videos wih alpha channel is the compression rate, and that will cause a lot of cpu usage. So this is more a performance issue on the computer side than a feature in the software. But I will drop that into our next software meeting and maybe our development team has a idea.

regards

Patrick

Postby 7pc » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:32 pm

At a certain point of the show I had to use MPEG and a BlackKey which produced a very nice effect on dissolving Particles over black (flowers that just popped in cartoon style while dissolving) but that was due to some issue using a 10 minute film. In .mov/Anim it could not be displayed properly. it showed up in the system as a 35-seconds film with 0x0 pix resolution. No idea what that was. I tried everything but in the end it had to be a MPEG.

I will add some bigger wishlist on the forum wishlist. For people working on timeline systems some features have to be more handy to work with. (especialy when using PB in a live but repertory environment.
7pc

Postby 7pc » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:07 pm

Some more pictures and info about "Nussknacker" can be found here http://sevenpc.blogspot.com/2009/12/nussknacker-und-mausekonig-in-hannover.html
7pc

Return to Production News