Must sees on the Shanghai Expo 2010

Present your production here!

Moderator: Moderator Group

Must sees on the Shanghai Expo 2010

Postby Patrick Verhey » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:44 pm

Hi,

whenever you have a chance to visit Expo 2010 in Shanghai you need to take a look at a few things.

Most important the Oil Pavilion. This is officially rated to be the best attraction on the Expo. At the Moment people line up there to wait up to 7 hours to get in. Luckily I had a private experience this night since I was there for a system check.
You will experience a 15 min 4D cinema with blasting effects and nice content. Each of the two cinemas are setup with a curved screen with 3D projection. Overall pixelsize is 4000 by 2000 pixels. As far as I know you gonna enjoy the first ever made 4K 3D softedged curved screen in the world. Plus additional effects which will suprise you. And for sure there is a 7.1 surround system installed. The Projection is made with 4 Christie Cinema Projectors and two Pandoras Box Server LT plus Manager LT for each cinema. The system runs 10 hours a day, doing a 15 minute show back to back.

If you like Sphere Projections go for the Urban Planet Pavilion. One good thing is that there is almost no line to wait in. Here you will find a walkway circling down a 45m half sphere which covered with a nice projection as well. This sphere is really really big. And its all build up in HD, so the resolution on the screen is amazing. It is definitely a must on the expo.

The next highlight is the Australian Pavilion. They have a nice round theater showing videos on curved screens which are rotating an a disc and moving up and down during the show. All done with Pandoras Box and Widget Designer Programming. A really nice show with good ideas on stage automation.

I also did like the US Pavilion. Even if the projection is not that spectacular, is made in a vera nice, simple and effective. The story is neat and told in a good way.

So far from my Expo Experience. For sure there are many other things to see, but if you are there you need to go to at least "Oil" and "Urban Planet".

have fun

Patrick

Return to Production News