Scroll Text FeedRSS like news tv

Moderator: Moderator Group

Scroll Text FeedRSS like news tv

Postby gsbtech » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:37 pm

Hi,
I need help! I have a project to prepare a scrolling text as the television news.
I'll have to use 7 projectors and 4 Pandora Media Server STD to project the text in the bottom to 'image, the source of the text is a feedRSS.
The text should be scrolling on 3 lines (1-line title, 2-line message) and continuous on all projectors like the Hot News Headlines below.
I'm using WD 3.0 but with the 'script RSS' and 'PB textbox' I can not do any text formatting.
You can add a 'java script applet text ' ticker to to scroll the text?
Add link to see what I need ..
http://www.mioplanet.com/rsc/newsticker_javascript.htm

Thank you in advance
I kindly ask you to answer you with urgency because the event is February 24

Thank you very much again and sorry for my English (Translated)

Stefano Gadaleta
STS Communication :) :oops:
gsbtech

Re: Scroll Text FeedRSS like news tv

Postby Julia Foest » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:39 am

Hi Stefano,

what you want to do is currently not really handy in PB and the Widget Designer.
Although you can send an RSS Feed from the WD to PB inkl. Header and Body, I don't have an idea how to do the programming for the live text, where one RSS Feed comes after another. The problem is: you will never know how long the feed-text will be. According to the length of the text you would have to adjust the texture size of the text asset.

You can't add a 'java script applet text ' ticker to scroll the text.

We're going on thinking about your issue. But as mentioned above - right now there is no good solution, sorry.

Best regards,
Julia
Julia Foest

Postby honsbeek » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:08 pm

Hi,

Is there a solution for this problem now?
I want to make a live twitterfeed Text Scroll for on a event.

feed://search.twitter.com/search.atom?q=%23[ The Hashtag ]
Mark Honsbeek
LiveLegends
honsbeek

Postby malkuth23 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:40 am

Since the link in the original post is dead can you describe how you want the ticker to work?

Like a news ticker on the bottom of a screen?

There are ways, but they can be a bit tricky.
Matthew Newman-Saul
Theatrical Concepts
mattns@theatrical.com
malkuth23

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:49 pm

Hi!

The link has to be http://search.twitter.com/search.rss?q=coolux (replace "coolux" with whatever you want to search for). The Widget Designer accepts only RSS feeds. The URL honsbeek posted was a ATOM feed which won't work in WD.

The Widget Designer function WDTextConvertToHorizontalScrollTextPNG,Text(),Font(),File,Red,Green,Blue,Alpha might give you a good result in combination with the Aeon Effect AutoAspect Scroll Horizontal

Best Regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Postby honsbeek » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:08 pm

Hellow,

How to you use this script?

WDTextConvertToHorizontalScrollTextPNG,Text(),Font(),File,Red,Green,Blue,Alpha
WDTextConvertToHorizontalScrollTextPNG,Text(VTwitterfeed),Font(Microsoft Sans Serif),[?File?],255,255,255,100

Is the file a dmx ID in Pandora like 1.1 ?
Or a png file in your project ?

both does not works

And what is the best way to use that script on a customscriptbutton ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark Honsbeek
LiveLegends
honsbeek

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:48 pm

Hi honsbeek,

as already written above, the way of creating a newsticker is not as simple as many things have to happen. Let me try to talk you through:

STEP 1:

First of all let's start with creating the png-file holding the text.
You do not need to have a file as this is created by the Widget itself. The command "WDTextConvertToHorizontalScrollTextPNG" is used as follows:

"WDTextConvertToHorizontalScrollTextPNG,Text(),Font(),File,Red,Green,Blue,Alpha"

- whereas Text() is either a simple text typed in without any brackets or is being used as a variable. The variable may as well be an array.
- whereas Font() is either a variable (array) or is exchanged by values defining the look of the text. Parameters to be inserted are:

- Font/Size/Style/R/G/B/A
      -Font is the name of the font
      -Size is the text size in pixels
      -Style is defining the look with following parameters: Regular,Bold,Italic,Underline,Strikeout
      -R/G/B/A is the text color including alpha channel

example: Arial/20/Italic/255/0/0/255

- whereas File is a file path on your Manager/Master harddrive such as C:\coolux\content\MYPNG.png
- whereas Red,Green,Blue,Alpha is the background color of the png including alpha channel

Using this command you can create a png on your harddrive.

STEP 2a:

This png can now be used inside PandorasBox on every layer. Using the effect "UV Scroll" from the Aeon effects "UV Mapping"you can already now create a running text.
As soon as you take another png file or edit the existing one it will be scaled differently in the heights as the default layer behavior will be "horizontal and vertical fit". Therefore all created images will fit the horizontal space of your output, but will change in the height.

STEP 2b:

In order to preserve the height of your running text you will need to set the layer to a fixed aspect ratio such as 4:3.
Bring down the Y-Scale until the original aspect ratio is reached again. This is the easiest by just using another layer underneath and comparing both.
Mathematically it would be: LayerAspectRatio:ContentAspectRatio=ScaleFactor

e.g.:
1692 x 34 Pixel content (49,765:1)
4:3 layer ratio (1,333)
=> 1,333 : 49,765 = 0,027

STEP 3:

Drag the effect "AutoAspect Scroll Horizontal" onto your layer holding the running text picture. Type in the Pixel width of your screen in order to calculate the correct tiling on that layer while stretched over one output. It would be 2x your screen width, if you are using the effect adjusted over two screens side by side. Blend over to the running text by using the Mix parameter. The "Speed X"-parameter will let you adjust the desired speed.

Example:
WDTextConvertToHorizontalScrollTextPNG,This is my text for breaking news which ends up in a png-file of a resolution of 1692x34 pixels. +++ BREAKING NEWS: It works!!! +++,Arial/20/Italic/255/0/0/255,c:\coolux\MYPNG.png,64,64,64,255

newsticker.png

Cheers
Markus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Postby honsbeek » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:12 pm

Thanks for the info ;-)
Mark Honsbeek
LiveLegends
honsbeek

Postby alverman » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:04 pm

But if you vary the length of the text also vary the size of the PNG.
How do I prepare the text of the feed to create the image?

Thank you, Alberto
PROService -IT
Intel i7 2600K LGA1155
MB P8H67-MLE 16GB
2xSSD 250GB
GTX470
Win 8.1 PRO
Manager STD V6.1
Player PRO V6.1
WDPro V5 2500
** La famiglia ti nutre, ti veste .... finchè non sei pronto per girare il mondo alla ricerca di qualcosa di tuo. **
alverman

Return to Widget Designer V4.7