TRACKING MODES

Moderator: Moderator Group

TRACKING MODES

Postby kbral » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:43 pm

is possible to make a tracking projection like we see in you tube videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPROLIT3w9U
in a large venue for example the stage sizes is about 17 meters, the air scans and kinect and wii have a short range beam, is possible to that thought the camera tracking ? any example will welcome

please help

thanks
kbral

Re: TRACKING MODES

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:49 pm

When you say tracking projection are you talking about moving screens?
In that case the answer is yes. We have realized it with large screens traveling across a 25m wide stage.
Oh, and it has nothing to do with the Air Scan, Kinect and so on, those devices are used to create interactive touch solutions.

The tracking is realized using sensors that which tell Pandoras Box where the screen is.
There are many different sensors on the market. Depending on your application you have to pick the right one.
Options are from TrackScan (Positioning with laser and Barcode), Absolute Value Encoder, Rope Encoders and propably a few more.
The WD Pro is than used to translate the encoder values into Layer Positions.

That is the magic behind it in a nutshell.
To tell you more we would need more information. Just send a email to support@coolux.de with some more information and we will be able to help you further or point you to the right people who have done it before.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Postby rubendesnoo » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:30 am

Hi,

I was testing the node camera tracking (beta). It doesn't recognize my webcam, while the other video-input nodes do.
Is this a well known issue?

Another question, is it possible to invert the detected map of the camerapoint-tracker-node?
Because now it recognizes dark area's/points in the map.
When I want to track an actor with an infrared cam I would be easyer if he's been recognized when lighting up (infrared light), because I need to put front-lights on it most of the time, which will light-up the actor with (infrared).

thanks
Freelance interactive art production
The Netherlands
rubendesnoo@gmail.com

Widget Designer pro 4.0
rubendesnoo

Postby Julia Foest » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:50 am

Hi,

it sounds unusual that the camera can not be used in the camera tracking input node.
Was it connected to another tool before? If yes, please close WD, open it again and create a new project where you use the camera tracking tool as first.
Better??

You said you want to use an infrared camera with the camera point tracker node - in WD Vers. 171 this node is not available yet. Are you using a newer Beta-Version of WD?
When having the Camera Point Tracker Tool opened you can remove the INV option, then only light parts will detected as points.
Does this help you?

Greetings,
Julia
Julia Foest

Postby rubendesnoo » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:19 am

Hi,

You're right, there isn't a camera point tracking node, I was only testing with the tool.
With another (firewire) camera camera tracking works now.

I was also wondering if it is possible to have two different camera's tracking an object with camera tracking in the same WD-file? I tried to open the tool twice, but that didn't work.

regards
Freelance interactive art production
The Netherlands
rubendesnoo@gmail.com

Widget Designer pro 4.0
rubendesnoo

Postby Julia Foest » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:59 am

Hi,

no, that's not possible.
Every function that comes with a tool currently cannot be used in several instances.

Greetings,
Julia
Julia Foest

Return to Widget Designer V4.7