WIDGET DESIGNER EXCEL RENDER FUNCTIONS

Moderator: Moderator Group

WIDGET DESIGNER EXCEL RENDER FUNCTIONS

Postby michelhelson » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:47 am

Hello,

Does anybody has an idea about the following description?

I have to specify a museum interactive application.
At the end of the visit the public is invite to answer questions relative to its opinions about his visit.
To vote they have an interactive voting system (for e.g. http://www.ivsystem.nl/ - Window 7/32) at their disposal.
20 visitors vote at the same time. 5 questions are presented to each voter.
The results are computed and displayed by a proprietary software (for e.g. IVS-PRO).
This software once having computed saves automatically the results into a CSV -Comma-Separated Values xml file.
The dedicated software (IVS-PRO) is binary and written in Delphi.

The application requires the launch of a video clip immediately or with a delay after the scores display. The displayed clip is in reference with the highest score value (HTP).
For e.g. question has 55% of vote, B=10%, C=20%, D=15%, E=00%. In this case a clip corresponding to the A value is launched.

My question is how to integrate this script into Pandora box Media Player Standard probably via Widget Designer 3.0?
Widget Designer 3.0 includes Excel render function.

If the answer is yes any WD programmer should able to extract the right CVS number via the WD Excel Render function and translate the number into a clip launch action; which is the purpose of this museum quiz .
If the answer is yes it could be done but "we have to write a script" does someone has encontered once the problem and would be king enough to explain me what should be written into my tender specification files.

I thank everyone for the attention.
Happy Easter by the way.
Best regards
michelhelson

Re: WIDGET DESIGNER EXCEL RENDER FUNCTIONS

Postby Julia Foest » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:47 pm

Hi Michel,

sorry for the late reply - we had wonderful sunny easter days :D
We are thinking about your needs and will come back to you as soon as we can tell you more.

Best regards,
Julia
Julia Foest

Return to Widget Designer V4.7