Navigate out multitouche panel

Moderator: Moderator Group

Navigate out multitouche panel

Postby rubendesnoo » Mon May 23, 2011 3:32 pm

Hi

I'm working on a multi-touch screen with Widget designer, Pandora's box and an airscan. My Widgetdesigner interface will be a layer in the pandora's box (input) so I can use both a button interface and a multitouch interface.
On the moment the user pushes the button for the multitouch function, it will fade out the Widget design layer and fade in all the other layers automatically, but I don t know how the program how the user can return to the button-interface, because I cant place a button in a multitouche interface, can I?
Is it possible to program a if-node with a x/y-value from the airscan, that loads a new page, when running in the multitouche panel?

I was also wondering why the multitouche panel can't minimize after setting it to fullscreen.

Finally, will there ever be the possibility to use more then one airscans in one file?

I'm using Rev:178 on windows XP 32bit.

thanks

Ruben de Snoo
Freelance interactive art production
The Netherlands
rubendesnoo@gmail.com

Widget Designer pro 4.0
rubendesnoo

Re: Navigate out multitouche panel

Postby Julia Foest » Mon May 23, 2011 4:17 pm

Hi Ruben,

you could have an invisible Multitouch item placed somewhere on the multitouch panel (= no layer linked to it in Pandoras Box), which could execute the page change.
Do this by having the item enabled and enter scripts for eg. mouse down or mouse enter. Important: Mouse has to enabled in the panel settings at the top of the item properties!
Of course you could program a node setup where you grab x&y position of the mouse.

You can minimize the Multitouch panel again after you set it to fullscreen, but this you have to do manually by dragging the window smaller (from the bottom right corner, when beeing in move mode (ALT+M)).

We did not have the need to use two airscans at the same time yet. But it is not impossible that this will be implemented.
Do you have an upcoming project where this is needed?

Best regards,
Julia
Julia Foest

Postby rubendesnoo » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:43 pm

Hi julia,

I'll have a project in december this year, with more then one airscan.
If it is stable enough it would be great to have them both (or more then two, depending on the area to scan) in one widget design file.

regards
The Netherlands
rubendesnoo@gmail.com

Widget Designer pro 4.0
rubendesnoo

Postby Julia Foest » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:08 pm

Hi Ruben,

could you please describe of how your setup will look like?
Thanks!

Best regards,
Julia
Julia Foest

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:59 am

Hi Ruben,

at the moment there is only one AirScan supported per Widget Designer.
We have successfully tested a new feature to send touch points to another WD in our latest Beta. This will give you the possibility to run multiple Airscans on different or on one PC and collect all data in one WD-Project.

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Postby rubendesnoo » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:29 am

Hi,

That sound nice.
My set up would be scanning a person on a piece of complex decor (round catwalk/stairs), but because it isn't a simple area (like a 5x5 square), more then one airscan could help to make the tracking area more flexibel.

Maybe camera tracking also could be a possibility for this project.
The most difficult thing would be to create a scanning area that isn't a square, but a complex piece of space.
Maybe a painting tool in the x/y pannel would be a good tool. So you can paint the area were the scanning-info could be disabed.

regards
The Netherlands
rubendesnoo@gmail.com

Widget Designer pro 4.0
rubendesnoo

Return to Widget Designer V4.7