Script z-order widget designer

Moderator: Moderator Group

Script z-order widget designer

Postby rubendesnoo » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:07 pm

Hi,

I am making a multi-touch screen with widget designer and pandora's box. I would like to show the WD interface and the pandora's box layers in one set-up, just like the coolux youtube example.
For the pandora software I have a Pandora's box server LT dongle, can I use an video input-card with this dongle? If so, my problem is solved.

If not, is it possible to script the z order of Widget designer, so I can switch between the to interfaces on one computer?
Or maybe you have another possibility for my setting.

Thanks
Last edited by rubendesnoo on Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Freelance interactive art production
The Netherlands
rubendesnoo@gmail.com

Widget Designer pro 4.0
rubendesnoo

Re: Script z-order widget designer

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:20 am

Hi,

which youtube example are you exactly talking about.
What we do at the trade show to show this is use a touchscreen, that has 2 DVI Inputs and connect 1 Input to the Render Output of Pandoras Box and 1 to the WD.
We also use a separate Machine for the WD Pro. To show the different Interfaces we just change the input of the display.

Your option will also work. You can use your input card to capture the image of the WD and play it back on the server.
There is no limit on input cards based on the Version of the Software you are using. Coolux Input Cards however are only available with coolux hardware, but you can use any Direct Show Capture Device.
And yes it is possible to script the Z-Order of Layers.

One thing that will make your setup easier changing your Camera Mode to Mode 20 (Ortogonal Center). That way your layers will not change size when you change your Z-order.

DeviceSetParam,SiteID,DeviceID,Z Pos,Value

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Postby rubendesnoo » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:41 am

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your quick reply,
I was wondering if it is also possible to script the z-order.

regards
The Netherlands
rubendesnoo@gmail.com

Widget Designer pro 4.0
rubendesnoo

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:02 am

Hey,

yes it is. They way you do it is create a toggel button and set the Z Pos of the layer closer to the camera and another button where you set the Z Pos far away from the camera.
If hope that was what you were asking.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Postby rubendesnoo » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:12 pm

Hi Daniel,

I'm sorry, I meant to ask you about the possibility to script the z-order of the complete interface of widget designer, not of the pandora.
Because I would like to have a multitouch interface running on only one machine. So I would like to use both the widget designer features (website/drawing canvas etc.) and the interactive layers of the pandora's box. When I could script the z-order of widget designer it could be possible to use only one machine, I think.
I use the airscan for this set-up.

You told me that you switched the inputs on a screen, how is this possible via widget designer?
Maybe you used the rs232/serial protocoll? If so, would this also work on a projector?

Regards
The Netherlands
rubendesnoo@gmail.com

Widget Designer pro 4.0
rubendesnoo

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:22 am

Hi,

You can not switch the Z-Order of Applications. Pandoras Box in Fullscreen will always be on top.

Switching the input of the monitor on our touchscreen Monitor is 2 Button Pushes on the Monitor. Just select a different Input.
How this can be done totally depends on your Monitor or Projector.
Most Projectors allow for some sort of RS232 or Network Protocol to control their features. You will find that in the manual of the projector.
Most cheap consumer Displays will not have that capability, but better once do.

I would still recommend running WD on a separate Computer, because the WD will need a lot of Processing Power depending on your setup.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Return to Widget Designer V4.7