Fade to presets in multitouch panel

Moderator: Moderator Group

Fade to presets in multitouch panel

Postby rubendesnoo » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:46 am

Hi,

I have a nice multitouch panel set-up working. I also made a button to make the multitouch items go to a position preset. (WDmultitouchApplyDefaults, after WDMultitouchStoreDefaults)

Now I was wondering if it is possibe to fade the movement of the multitouch items from a random position to a preset.
For example, 1 have 4 pictures in a row, I drag them out of the screen, then when pushing a button I would like them to go back to the row in 10 seconds.

Because now it snaps back to my preset.

Thanks
Freelance interactive art production
The Netherlands
rubendesnoo@gmail.com

Widget Designer pro 4.0
rubendesnoo

Re: Fade to presets in multitouch panel

Postby Julia Foest » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:02 am

Hi,

no, this is not possible at the moment. But I'll forward your wish to our developpers.

Best regards,
Julia
Julia Foest

Re: Fade to presets in multitouch panel

Postby malkuth23 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:56 pm

I can imagine a node structure that might be able to do this, but it would be a little convoluted.

You would need to use a PB LAYER CONTROL node to control the position of the layers after hitting the default button. Feed the LAYER CONTROL node with a fader that is set to change its position to your predefined default position number over 10 seconds (SCRIPT node)... Have the fader store the positioning information from a MULTI-TOUCH POINT node so that it always has the correct positioning data. You will need to feed the button state into the script node. You might also have to toggle the WD NodeDisable/ Enable on and off for the PB Layer Control. You will have to play around.

Then - after 10 seconds reset the multi-touch panel... There might be a blip there when the reset is done. That would be the unknown... Ideally we could have a MULTI-TOUCH PANEL INPUT node... Then the communication could go bi-directionally.
Matthew Newman-Saul
Theatrical Concepts
mattns@theatrical.com
malkuth23

Return to Widget Designer V4.7