Disappearing Buttons

Moderator: Moderator Group

Disappearing Buttons

Postby Darren » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:54 am

Hi, I am having a problem: I am simply resizing buttons and re-coloring them, however, when I save the project and reopen, the buttons I changed have vanished. I know they are still there beause I can click and release with other buttons that are attached via macros. I simply cannot see them on the display. There is an error that occurs, occasionally, when I close WD that may be related.
I have a few buttons and image objects on my default (home) page and I am using an image for the background, is there a limit to how many images can be used in one WD project or one page? I ask this because the new problem started after I began to add images to buttons that had been made a long time ago.
Thanks for your help,
Darren
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Darren on Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Darren

Re: Disappearing Buttons

Postby Julia Foest » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:31 am

Hi Darren,

can you please send your zipped project file folder to support[at]coolux.de?
I`d like to have a look into it.

Thank you!
Best regards,
Julia
Julia Foest

Postby erictrician » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:41 pm

Hello Julia.

I work with Darren at LOVE. We are still having the issue of disappearing buttons. I know that one time we asked this question it was our own fault after we changed the page name. However lately we have not been changing pages at all we have just been streamlining a few things. That being said just last night we did a save as to our widget project and when we opened it this morning we found that some buttons our "utility" page have just disappeared. Things like reboot clients, power down clients, launch clients. We are wondering what can cause this. I know once you mentioned checking task manager to make sure widget was not still running in the background before opening it again, and we have been doing that. We went back to an older project file to see if the buttons were there and indeed they were, just disappeared in our latest save.

Any Ideas on your end. It is not killing us since we have those commands as macros and just need to remake the button and add the macro. Just annoying when it happens.

Thanks for you help and let us know if you need anything on our end.

Eric Ludacer
Head of Projections
The Beatles "LOVE" by Cirque Du Soleil
erictrician

Postby Julia Foest » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:24 am

Hey Eric,

I`m sorry for this! I don't know how this happens - could you please send your newest project file, where the buttons disappeared?
I would like to have a look into.

Thanks and best regards,
Julia
Julia Foest

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:14 am

Hi Eric!

We do not know yet how this happens once in a while, but I can tell you how to get back the buttons:

If you remember the exact button name like CustomScript87 and/or the name of the page you have a good chance to get it back.
Create a copy of your showfile.
Open the WD-project with the WordPad and search for the button name or the page name.
Underneath the button name you will see several information about positions, scalings and font-settings of the button. As well you will recognize your page name where you have paste your button before. In difference to other buttons this page name will not start with a capital letter. Search for the page name without capital letters and replace all results with the same name including a capital letter. Of course you have to check the search option "match case".

After replacing all wrong written names, save the project and open it again using the Widget Designer. All buttons should now be available again. It may be, that you now have several overlapping buttons on the same position, which you created on the same place before.

Hope this helps,
Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Return to Widget Designer V4.7