smtpe to sync video's

Moderator: Moderator Group

smtpe to sync video's

Postby rubendesnoo » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:13 pm

Hi,

What are the possibilities of the smpte-feature in widget designer. Because I don't have a smpte link, I cannot test it :-(.

Is it possible to sync 10 video's on different computers with widgetdesigner via smpte?
It needs definitely to be sync, so I use smpte.
How do I connect this in widget designer? I cannot find a videoplayer output node to connect to the smpte input node?

thanks
Freelance interactive art production
The Netherlands
rubendesnoo@gmail.com

Widget Designer pro 4.0
rubendesnoo

Re: smtpe to sync video's

Postby Julia Foest » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:47 pm

Hi,

within Widget Designer you may receive SMPTE timecode or send out SMPTE timecode using the SMPTE Link.
So if you want to control anything via SMPTE, you can send out smpte via WD. The soft- or hardware that should sync to the timecode needs to understand smpte.

You said that you want to sync 10 videos on different computers.
How do you play these videos, using which software?

Greetings,
Julia
Julia Foest

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:36 pm

Synced Videoplayback is done best with Pandoras Box Server or Player.
You can link your Timeline to SMTPE Timecode and all 10 Clients will playback in Sync.
What is your application. Depending on the application you also might need some additional Hardware.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Postby rubendesnoo » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:48 pm

Hi,

It would be great to do this with widged designer. But together with 10 pandora's boxes the system will get to complex. I was thinking of 10 mini-windows laptops with 10 times widget designer. I already have a smpte-source, so I only need a solution for the receiving of smpte and the video playback.

Maybe the best way will be the pandora's box player then? Or is widget designer capable of playing video triggered bij smpte?
Freelance interactive art production
The Netherlands
rubendesnoo@gmail.com

Widget Designer pro 4.0
rubendesnoo

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:35 am

Hi Ruben,

Widget Designer is designed as a tool for interactive or other control and connection with multiple external in- and outputs.
Nevertheless that WD can play back videos it is not meant for video rendering. The videos are only meant to have a small video within your visibly control. The videos are not synced to anything. It is just like a click in Windows Media Player on the play button.

To have a synced frame-exact playback of videos you should use Pandoras Box.
The cheapest way would be to have 10 Media Players. With the new product "Player LT" within our brand new Version V of Pandoras Box, you will have a cheap solution for your application.

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Return to Widget Designer V4.7