Multitouch with Kinect

Moderator: Moderator Group

Multitouch with Kinect

Postby runcdfirst » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:40 pm

Hi everibody,

i need an explanation about using kinect with multitouch panel in widget designer.

is it possible to give a limit to x & y position to prevent the exit of the layer from the screen?

regards.

dado
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

- Marcus Brigstocke -
runcdfirst

Re: Multitouch with Kinect

Postby Julia Foest » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:03 am

Hi Dado,

there is no limit for the items inside the multitouch panel not to flow outsidwo panel borders.
But you may store the positions of all items as Defaults. Via script you may apply these defaults later on (eg. via button click) to get all items back into the panel.

Best regards,
Julia
Julia Foest

Postby runcdfirst » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:57 am

Hi Julia,

and if i need to create a "bouncing" effect of the layer on the screen? (layer must bounce from left to right, top bottom ecc..)
there's some way for it?

dado
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

- Marcus Brigstocke -
runcdfirst

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:09 pm

Hi Dado,

you will find an option "bounce" border in the multi-touch-panel within the new Widget Designer 3.5 which will be released soon.

The other solution would be to get the position values from the layer and connect it with if nodes in the specific positioning range.

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Postby runcdfirst » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:49 am

Great. Thanks!

Regards.

- Marcus Brigstocke -
runcdfirst

Return to Widget Designer V4.7