applause meter

Moderator: Moderator Group

applause meter

Postby niky » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:09 pm

dear all,
i need to make asap an "applause meter"
for one tv show .....
im trying with audio input node but probably i need some help regards...
thank you for help!
regards
nicholas
niky

Re: applause meter

Postby Mike Steinbrecher » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:05 am

HI,

ok you will have to decide if you want to change the volume coming in into decibel or a 100% scale.
I guess to put it in a 100% range is easier.

You have to use variables to get your maximum peak of applaus and then assign it to the range with 100%.
Also I recommend you to add at least 30% to this peak so that the audience is not able to reach 100% or more!
Then you can go on and work with these values.
Do you want to keep always the highest peak then you will have to use if notes. ( IF input is higher than actual values then let it through, else keep the actual value)
Or if you want to let it "jump" and "drop" with the applause you will have to link the movements of a layer with the values. Then you also need to adopt the range of the layer with the range of the 100% scale.

How and when should the system Reset and get back to zero?

By experience it is quite difficult to practice and test. Try it out and play with some notes to get what you want to.
I just found out that if you take the value of a normal applause and suddenly when the audience is asked to make noises for a vote they are twice as load as before. So take care to have enough headroom.

BEst regards

Mike
---------------------------------------------
Mike Steinbrecher
Technical Sales Manager
Meister für Veranstaltungstechnik

Christie Digital Systems | http://www.christiedigital.com| Richard-Byrd-Strasse 19 | 50829 Koeln | Germany
Mike Steinbrecher

Re: applause meter

Postby dantronic » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:33 pm

Hi there,

It is tough wrestling with Audio Input Node, but here is a suggestion for the receiving-end of the system:

Rather than an IF node, send audio/peak data to a SCRIPT node, which executes based on a comparison (i.e. LowPeak > 50).
When this comparison is met, run scripts WDFaderUp and WDFaderDown each with a fade time of 0.1 ... then the fader moves your meter.

This way you are running an "up+down" routine for each peak rather than following it litterally. Raw audio data is very messy!

best
dan
---
Dan Ribaudo
dantronic

Return to Widget Designer V4.7