image loader - bulk upload

Moderator: Moderator Group

image loader - bulk upload

Postby azman » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:31 am

Hello,

I'm looking for a solution in regards to uploading a folder of images (containing 250+ images) into a timeline with existing media/containers,

I've used image loader with in WD but would like to upload multiple files rather individual image files.

Can image loader facilitate a bulk upload/replacement of files?

with other media programs (such as final cut/after fx/motion) i can change the original file with a newer version (keeping the same name) & it will update, I can't do this with PB but would like to.

Is there a simple solution rather than dragging files into containers on a timeline?

Cheers

Az
azman

Re: image loader - bulk upload

Postby Martina Protze » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:41 pm

Hello Az,

the featurewish to replace more than one file with the image loader is known to us and as far as I know the developers are working on it already. For now, we do not know when it will be available.
Regarding a workaround, in most cases the "spread all resources" (either in Pandora or per script in Widget) would help. This command overwrites all existing images on the client´s harddrive and reloads it there. As the preview of the client does rely on the previously cached files, you need to reload the file separately (for example in the inspector) OR reload the entire project to overwrite all cache files at once. If that is no solution for you, please let us know why, for example do you

1) are working with one system only, or with a master + several clients
2) wish to replace the 250 images during a showsituation (while the timeline is running through the containers; once or several times?) or if this can be done beforehand
3) I guess you would like to update them at the same time not one after another in different orders?

btw. just for your understanding. Every software needs to "translate" the coded images first, before being able to show them on a screen. This process needs time. AfterFX and other programs have plenty of it as they do not claim to be realtime. Thus, they can have a very different behavior of handeling the files.

Greetings, martina
Martina Protze
Technical Support, Pandoras Box and Widget Designer
Martina Protze

Return to Widget Designer V4.7