problems calibrating Airscan

Moderator: Moderator Group

problems calibrating Airscan

Postby satanete666 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:24 pm

I am trying to calibrate airscan , but when i try to make p1 and p2 the sytem give me the same parameters and doesnt work . can some one explain me step by step how to do that , i am testing with 80" lcd screen in 1360x768 resolution.

thanks
satanete666

Re: problems calibrating Airscan

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:18 pm

Hi,

may it be that you touched the points in the wrong order!?

Please refer to the help file topic "Calibration" (12.4.1.2.3):

The calibration buttons enable an intuitive calibration of the Active Region.
[P1], [P2]: [P1] captures the coordinates of the upper left corner (as seen in the Airscan tool). [P2] captures the coordinates of the lower right corner (as seen in the Airscan tool). Both corner orientations refer to the view in the AirScan Tool.
How to do the Auto-Calibration? Interupt the Airscan field at the position of the first corner, press [P1]. You will see the corner’s position (x/y in px) next to the button. Now interrupt the Airscan field at the position of the second corner, press [P2]. When this is done, press [Calc] and the position values will be transferred into the Active Region Settings. Please note: the Safe Region has to be adjusted manually!

All information about calibrating and using the AirScan can be found in the topic "AIRSCAN TOOL SETUP" (12.4.1.2)

Hope this helps
Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Postby satanete666 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:21 pm

Hi markus
I have solved, I need to make a big active area and after that it works, I am not sure the safe area is used for, because if you remove those 300 pixels you can't use the borders of the screen.

Thanks

I
satanete666

Postby Martina Protze » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:20 pm

Hello,
The Safe Region makes the detection of points on the border of the active region more robust. Thus if it is too small, the detection of the points from the IR field won´t be perfect and the transferred values won´t be as "smooth". A good way to check the values and their behavior is the "INFO" button in the section "Multi Point Mode" with in the AirScan setup tool.
Enter the values for the safe region in mm for X&Y, ideally the Safe Region is a bit bigger than the Active Region.

Best regards,
Martina Protze
Technical Support, Pandoras Box and Widget Designer
Martina Protze

Return to Widget Designer V4.7