Email Screenshot

Moderator: Moderator Group

Email Screenshot

Postby azman » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:16 am

Hello,

I'm attempting to schedule a screen shot of the widget computer & have the screen shot emailed,

I can successfully send emails & take screenshots with WD but am running into an issue when i need to repeat the process. I am get an error message (see attached).

It appears to be unable to re-write over the screenshot file (c:\coolux\screenshot\teamviewer password) but I can write over this if its just WDscreenshot, 'filename' without sending an emailSendAtt,

it's like the email settings (or outbox) not allowing the file to be re-written?

Any suggestions?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
azman

Re: Email Screenshot

Postby Martina Protze » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:25 pm

Hello,
you are right. The process of sending the file is somehow not closing/ending thus it keeps the file open and keeps other processes from changing it. Eg you cannot rename the screenshot within Windows Explorer or replace it with a newer screenshot. I will forward this issue to the developers. Unfortunately I know, that we won´t have time until May to fix this.

Would it be a solution to use the script
WDScreenshotWithTime,'FileName'
instead? This one works on my end as you generate new and unique files.

Best regards,
Martina Protze
Technical Support, Pandoras Box and Widget Designer
Martina Protze

Re: Email Screenshot

Postby JustynR » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:21 pm

Aside from this....

I see you're emailing yourself the password for your machine for TeamViewer.

I have been using that program for a week now... you can set a permanent password so you can always log in and you don't need to worry about it resetting - as well as the password that will reset itself.

Just thought I would mention that... that way you don't need to take a screen shot for your password...

Justyn
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Return to Widget Designer V4.7