fader on DMX fictures

Moderator: Moderator Group

fader on DMX fictures

Postby Katlaan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:38 pm

Hi,

We have a bunch of RGB and RGBW fixtures which we controle by the pb server.
Is it possible to create a fader to dim a group of devices? Since they have no dimmer...
In a colour picker you can controle the brightness, so it combines the RGB channels. Is this also possible on a fader?

Greets
Katlaan

Re: fader on DMX fictures

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:00 pm

Hi Katlaan,

the difference in the color picker and a fader is, that the color picker can control more than one parameter at a time.
As a fader only deals with one parameter (on multiple devices) you cannot directly have an RGB Dimmer BUT...

... if you are using WD Pro, you can link one fader to all the others. Fader input node linked to 3 Fader output nodes.

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Postby Katlaan » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:33 pm

Hi,

Ok so that works, now I can dim them but...
Now the 3 faders are taking the value of the 'main' fader... I want to start at the values they allready have (from colourpicker or sequence) and then just dim...
And is it possible that when the spots get new information from the sequence it keeps it 'dimmed' value but still changes colour?

Yeah I know it's getting complicated but they want to have full controll through widget designer.... (and it has to be dummie proof...)

Greets
Katlaan

Postby Martina Protze » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:58 pm

Hello Katlaan,
just as a small addition to control multiple parameters with faders (eg if you have only WD Std)
- open the IP Configuration and enable the Network Broadcasting Service "Send" AND "Receive" (remember or copy your IP address from here)
- in the Item Properties of Fader1 which controls the red channel you enable "Send"
- in the Item Properties of Fader2, controlling green, you enable "Receive", copy the IP address and type Fader1 (no space in between)
do the same with Fader 3, controlling blue
- now as soon as you move the master fader the client faders adopt their values to it. you can set this up with different PCs as well...

have you tried your setup with a node called "Add relative", it does not set a fix value but makes it larger or smaller

To be honest I do not quite understand this question
Katlaan wrote:And is it possible that when the spots get new information from the sequence it keeps it 'dimmed' value but still changes colour?

I thought they have no dimmer parameter, all what you control is red,green,blue. But if you "dim" them by lowering all 3 color channels how should they keep the low value from WD but still change colors?
Nevertheless, maybe this node already answers your question: Input Node: PB Device Parameter. With this node you can send the parameter values from the timeline to WD.

Best regards,
Martina Protze
Technical Support, Pandoras Box and Widget Designer
Martina Protze

Postby lucken » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:01 pm

I think see is looking for a virtual dimmer function to dim the selected color. But as far as i know this function is not available in WD.
lucken

Return to Widget Designer V4.7