Single schedule event button

Moderator: Moderator Group

Single schedule event button

Postby azman » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:10 am

Hello,

I have a large number schedule events & am allowing the client access to program their own basic show (colour change & scrolling text) but do not want them accidentally altering the other events.

I'm wanting to create a custom script button that will open the events window but always point to a single event - named 'custom event'

Currently I open the events window & the last event that has been edited is at the bottom of the list, with the oldest event on top - I would like to reverse this or only ever show 'custom event'.

Any suggestions?
azman

Re: Single schedule event button

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:50 am

Hi azman,

if you are using the Pro version, you could move your (user editable) code to a macro and call the macro via event. The user then can edit the code in the macro editor.

In the STD version it is possible to do the same trick with variables and "VExecuteAsScript". In this case you have to add controls (textboxes,faders,etc) to adjust the variables which should be executed as a script.

Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:56 am

Hi!

Within the STD version you could as well copy the commands easily into a button and remote click this via the event.
This way you do not have to deal with variables and complicated commands.

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Postby azman » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:30 pm

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your suggestions but I believe I may have missed worded my question,

I have a large number of events (30+) programmed for various seasonal time changes over the next couple of years,

I have a colour wheel & text box for client to add their own custom changes.

Once the client (who has no technical knowledge) has selected these changes I need them to edit an event which is named 'custom event' & add start/finish times.

But once the Event window is open, the event named 'custom event' is at the bottom of the events, the client needs to navigate to the by scrolling down the list to get the 'custom event'.

I would like to have 'custom event' appearing already without the need for scrolling, as I can foresee other events being altered by mistake - which has the potential to cause major problems.

or perhaps I can have the client change dates in the macro editor (or else where) which creates a new event?

Any suggestions or advice would be grateful.
azman

Postby Martina Protze » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:07 am

Hi Alberto,
can you please explain what the customer acctually does with the color wheel and text box, how you save that as an event? Maybe that could give us a better idea of the scenario and how to solve it. Does he create the custom event in the "Event Editor" himself or does he alter an event you already created and named "custom event".
Best regards,
Martina Protze
Technical Support, Pandoras Box and Widget Designer
Martina Protze

Postby azman » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:30 pm

Hi Martina,

Client is selecting a colour which effects colour content in timeline (seq 8),
The text alters a text input which also exist in timeline (seq 8),
There is an existing event called 'custom event' which simply triggers playback on that timeline (seq 8).

So I'd like to able client directly to the existing 'custom event' without having to scroll thru the numerous other programmed events.

Regards
azman

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:36 am

Hi azman,

So the client should be able to alter the date&time of the custom event? And the code stays the same?

best regards,
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Postby azman » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:04 am

Hi Dennis,

Yes, just the start & end times.

Regards
azman

Postby Martina Protze » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:36 am

Hi,
can you please send your wd project to support@coolux.de. We can change the order for you so that the custom event will be the first one to appear with the drop down list.

best regards,
Martina Protze
Technical Support, Pandoras Box and Widget Designer
Martina Protze

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:18 pm

Hi azman,

as I am still getting you the same way I would like to prove, that you got Dennis' idea the right way.
If the customer shall only edit one event which is not changed in date or time, only on the commands it would maybe be an option to never let him edit the events at all.

If you set up the event yourself and this one is only clicking a single button at that time, you can let the customer change the content within the button and he will never get access to the events and therefore cannot mess up anything in there.

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Return to Widget Designer V4.7