Couple of Scripts not working as expected

Moderator: Moderator Group

Couple of Scripts not working as expected

Postby cyeary » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:59 pm

Hey all,

So the script "DeviceSetParamInSelection" does not seem to work with the media parameter. I have tried both a period and a comma in between the media number i.e 250,098 and 250.098 and I can get it to activate the parameter but not to actually put that piece of media in the "active value.
Also the script "SeqSetTimecodeRelative" only seems to work with positive timecode numbers. Unless of course I am doing something wrong. My script looks like this: SeqSetTimecodeRelative,1,-00,00,30,00
Cameron Yeary
Unlimited Visibility, Inc.
cyeary

Re: Couple of Scripts not working as expected

Postby Christopher Fluegel » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:32 pm

Hi Cameron,

if you want to load any media into a layer you have to use the script "DeviceSetMedia,SiteID,DeviceID,FolderID,FileID".

Here's a short summary from the helpfile what "DeviceSetParamInSelection" does:

DeviceSetParamInSelection,ParamName,AbsoluteValue

Example:
DeviceSetParamInSelection,Opacity,255

Sets the Opacity of all selected Devices in PB to the value 255.

Please note:
This script will only work with Pandoras Box Version 4535 or higher!

To your other issue:

PandorasBox does not support negative timecode. What are planning to do? Maybe we can find a workaround.

For better understanding and overview here's a link to our online manual with a list of scripts available within Widget Designer:

http://www.coolux.de/root/downloads/sup ... t_list.htm

Hope this helps :)
Christopher Fluegel
Technical Support, coolux GmbH
Christopher Fluegel

Postby cyeary » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:42 pm

Hey Christopher,

Thank you for the reply. The problem with using the device set media script is that it doe snow allow for selection and therefor I could have to write like 30 possible scripts. This is not very efficient. The ability to have scripts that work based on selection speed up the programing by multiples because you can do multiple things at once and build much more efficient controllers.

You do have a script that goes back 1 frame so I am not sure why negative timecode would not be supported. If i type --300 then the playhead goes back 300 frames. I am the one of the users that requested the script that allows you to move forward in relative timecode. What I am looking to do is navigate around the play head more quickly and efficiently then clicking with the mouse.

Example. I want to fast forward to the end cue of a movie I am playing back for rehearsal but then bounce back 30 seconds. This is somethign I do 100 times a show so it would be great if I could write a script to do it with precision.

Also I do appreciate all the feedback from all of the people at Coolux but I promise you that if I post here or write a email I have already taken the time to read the portion in the help file more then once.

Thanks again for your continued support.
Cameron Yeary
cyeary

Postby Christopher Fluegel » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:53 pm

OK, so i got you wrong, sorry for that! I thought you want to jump to a timecode below 00:00:00:00. It's possible to jump forward and backward with the nowpointer the way you want to do by simply adding a minus in front of e.g. the seconds.

Examples:
Your nowpointer is at timecode 02:47:47:00 and you execute the following scripts
"SeqSetTimecodeRelative,1,00,-47,00,00" subtracts 47m from the nowpointers position at sequence 1 but not the value for hours, seconds and frames.
"SeqSetTimecodeRelative,1,-02,00,-47,00" subtracts the 2h and the 47s from the nowpointers position at sequence 1.

Your second issue is that you need a script to exchange the media only on selected devices. This should be something like "DeviceSetMediaInSelection,FileID,FolderID" and is currently not implemented yet but was right now reported to the developers.

Hopefully i now got you right ;)
Christopher Fluegel
Christopher Fluegel

Postby cyeary » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:57 pm

This sounds spot on. Thank you Chris. I will toy with this tonite.
Cameron Yeary
cyeary

Postby Christopher Fluegel » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:50 am

Here's some news for you:

"DeviceSetMediaInSelection,FolderID,FileID" and "DeviceSetMeshInSelection,FolderID,FileID" are implemented in the next version ;)

Cheers!
Christopher Fluegel
Christopher Fluegel

Postby cyeary » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:17 pm

Yes I heard thru some back channels that it was coming. Thank you Chris
Cameron Yeary
cyeary

Return to Widget Designer V4.7